Vortex products

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I've recently spoken to a dealer in the UK who hopes to stock Vortex products and is quite impressed by them.

Has anyone here got/used Vortex lights? What is the quality like and are they good? From the web site they appear ok?

As always I would like to hear CPF'rs collective views.

Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Billy
Thanks for the link. It only answers some of my questions but was useful none the less.......thanks
Doug

simbad

Enlightened
I ve seen them in my local store today in the morning, these lights are very well made and the Luxeon models are current regulated but without thermal protection, the 1W Luxeon Keychain with twisty tail cap reminds me my Ls and the 1W 3V with clickie cap looks like a Longbow.The prices are also quite affordable, both 1W are around 60 euros,(70 dollars) and are guaranteed for 10 years.
The 5w model uses a 6V rechargeable pack included in the box with its charger, it is also regulated and rated for about 1,5 hours runtime, looks like a 2D mag with rubber clickie tailcap and focusable beam, gives 105 lumens in 8 inches aluminum type II body.The price is 195 euros (230 dollars), too much money..Anyway, they have lots of different models: with 5 and 8 Nichias 5mm in D and C models, Xenon and Halogen with interchangeable tailcaps by Led-caps like Pila lights,AA and AAA mag style.

indenial

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
I have tried to contact Vortex but I get no responce.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be a wise a**, but have you tried calling them? I had no trouble speaking with someone on the telephone.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will that. I just e-mailed them and I knew better than just doing that, it seems many commercial e-mail addresses are behaving funny lately.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I emailed them and got a reply within half an hour. Strange thing email.......?