Best Tire and Rim Cleaner ?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'd really like a product that I can spray on the rims, let it sit for a minute or so, rinse and have a nice shiney look without rubbing. I've have yet to find a tire and rim cleaner that will do this. They all require some level of rubbing, rubbing and more rubbing.

Any suggestions?

rdf

Newly Enlightened
t_i_n,
I've been looking for info on this, as well as paint care, detailing-type stuff, etc.

Have you seen http://www.autopia.org/ ? They seem to be as enthusiastic about that stuff as we are about lights ...

Russ

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spray and rinse stuff usually never works that well. What does work is soap and water, get a brush with a handle on it.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
For rims, Mothers works great for me. But that involves rubbing. I have found when using the high end car washes they retain the shine longer than a lower grade wash. I remember there was this product (can't remember the name sorry) that polishes then seals your metal for a year, so you can just wipe if off. No rubbing. The problem, its $100. I would think anything you can spray on and have it polish your rims would be pretty harsh.

Tires: Simple Green and Brush every few truck washings

freeze12

Enlightened
For the rims a spray alone without some rubbing with a sponge just removes a layer of dirt & leaves a film. For a tire cleaner, go to NAPA & buy the gallon of "Wesleys Bleach White" concentrate as this works the best on tires.

unclearty

Enlightened
The best combo product I have tried..and I've tried alot...is Eagle 1 A2Z...comes in an orange spray bottle...you can usually find it for under $4 at Walmart

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might be good to review contents labels. Some of these products contain Hydrofluoric Acid (HF) while it is a low concentration, the MSDS's state concentrations as low as 2% are still extremely hazardous.

GregR

M

MeridianTactical

I tried a few, best is a sponge and soap...

My Brake pads make tons of dust... Nothing does a good job...

I did on my last car wax the rims which helped to make it easy to clean... But I'm too lazy to do it again on this car...

Oh and the stuff on a bottle I think is Lye, not too good for your rims over the long run....

raggie33

*the raggedier*
go to ya local dolloer store the store where stuff cost a buck and get that orange stuff it ownz