whats ya brightes smalest light

Rex

Newly Enlightened
My smallest in terms of size/output is an Elektrolumens 3 X 3W Tristar hosted in a 1D aluminum body with 4 Nimh AA cells on an AA to D adapter.
I took this one on an organized night hike and the guides asked me *not* to use it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice lights, fellers.

rex -

Tri-Star 3x3W in a 1D @ 4AA nimh? Cool. Why didn't I think of that? Mind telling me what the host is or if Wayne J. made that for you?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
The 100W Mag 6D with custom Super Mag Daddy head by Otokoyama that is on loan to me. Doesn't matter if it's not small, the brightness-to-size ratio is STILL better, it is indeed that bright.

That spot in a tree several hundred yards away that I was so excited about my MagCharger w/1160 hotrod bulb lighting up so brightly? The OtokoBeast lights up the ENTIRE TREE, and it's one of those African Serengeti-sized ones. Plus it's brighter at any point inside its huge beam than the central hotspot of my souped-up MagCharger. Sheesh...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i almost bought a 6 d mag they have em at a store near me but i didnt get it but it is bright i bet .but not as bnright as one with a 100 watt bulb that must be insane

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
can't tell ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Trevor,

What is a ARC4SX?

I have two lights that I think fit this category.

#1: McGizmo built L1-BK/ PR-T,BK/ 2x123/ BB750/ X4T

#2: JollyRoger built PR-BK/ 2x123/ BB750/ X3T/ E2D, I use Pilas in this one.

I did the CPF thing and bought both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rex

Newly Enlightened
Icebreak,

I bought the flashlight at the local KMart for US$12 equivalent. It has a purpose-built 4AA to D adaptor inside. It looks to be a Chinese-made generic - looks and feels like a Mag. I stretched the positive spring contact and dropped in the Tristar led/lens assembly inside the head and voila! Instant daylight. Runs 40-45 minutes at high brightness before dropping off to SF L4 level (on 2100mAh Energizers). A further 15 or so minutes to Arc LSHP level.

Rex

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hotrodded KL1. 1000maH with a high dome luxeon and low profile Fraen optic on top of an E1e with a Mcwhatever2 stage tailcap. No offense to Don but he makes so much stuff I can't keep it straight anymore.

Probably a Fire-Fly 2 in a couple of weeks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If brightest smallest is in terms of lumens/cube I would guess it is one of my Larry lights. If it's lux/cube, I would guess it's a 1x123 with one of Wayne's next gen protos and a 38 mm reflector.

Wolfen,
No offence taken. They're just flashlight parts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: I think brightest *should* go to lumens/cube. For lux/cube, how about tightest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Throw in the terms like throw and we'll have Doug S. all over us; then again he may have given up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif