I want my LS back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randytx

Newly Enlightened
Greetings

I returned my LS back in Mid May. Is anyone else waiting like me? Does anyone know the progress on the replacements? Peter? Anyone? Thanks for any input /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

External

Newly Enlightened
Randytx,

I understand you... I also sent my LSH-P in May and I am still waiting for it to be fixed...

fuelblender

Enlightened
I know what you are saying; I've been waiting for a repair since April 20th. Peter wrote to me on 6/6 and said they are waiting on PCB's and that they should have them in about 3 weeks. So, our wait should be over soon.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Sent my LSHF-P on April 30. Karen, who is really nice I must say, said the same thing Peter said about the PCB's. I sure do miss it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, still waiting on the PCBs! Wew. Talking watching mollasses move. I checked with the supplier again today and they are coming. I would rather not say when, tired of giving estimates and being wrong. They will be here when they get here.

Sorry for the delay.

Peter

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've actually elected to hold onto mine until Peter and Merri are ready to take on repairs...

i hasn't worked since there was still snow on the ground, but i wouldn't feel right having it out of the house for months @ a time...

when Peter makes an update post revealing the arrival of the PCB's i'll be sending my Arc LSL in the next day!

MR2Spyder

Newly Enlightened
Ok, its July. Are "we" still waiting for PCB's??. My LS went in early in April, still using my Princeton Tec Blast... Soon? Please....

John

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR2Spyder said:
Ok, its July. Are "we" still waiting for PCB's??. My LS went in early in April, still using my Princeton Tec Blast... Soon? Please....

John

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I'm waiting too. My LS has been out since 4/20. It takes just hours to build an automobile, so why is it taking MONTHS to get some PCB's? Something is not right. I suspect there's something that Peter is not telling us. Peter, in my opinion your supplier stinks.

Spade

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just had to chime in here. The company I work for is also a manufacturer of electronics, and we are likely much larger than ARC. Sales are around $10 million annually, and we regularly get jerked around by our vendors. We will order components (sometimes in the tens of thousands), and our orders are regularly delayed. In my experience, such delays are common with specialized products, or products developed for new or niche markets. I also believe that the Lockheed Martins and General Electrics generally get better attention from their vendors than we little guys. We are all actually quite fortunate that Peter has not yet decided to move manufacturing and/or assembly overseas. Though it would probably not be in his best interest to do so at this point, such arrangements can mean regular sixteen-week lead-times. Another possible option is significantly increasing inventory. As volatile as the electronics industry is, Peter likely needs high inventory about as much as he needs a kick in the teeth. I would imagine Peter is always on the search for new vendors that can supply parts quicker, and/or at a lower cost.

I can promise all of you that it really sucks to be caught between a vendor and a customer. Just a few thoughts...

fuelblender

Enlightened
Yeah I guess you're right ... but man, we've been waiting such a long time - you wouldn't think it would take this long. I know Peter is doing his best but gee whiz....

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not waiting for an LS repair personally, but I'd be ticked off too if it took months to get my light back. It seems like Arc should keep some spare parts on hand to service their customers with warranty issues.

Peter

cy

Flashaholic
To:

Randytx,
External,
Fuelblender,
LifeNRA,
MR2spyder

To help out, I'm going to extend an offer to the people above. A no charge Arc LS W/123 twisty loaner program.

To be used until your Arc LS is warrantied by Arc. You just pay for the shipping back to me.

I just need to verify that Arc indeed has your LS for warranty.

Please PM if you are interested.

Thanks,
CY

Spade

Newly Enlightened
Very generous, Cy. I continue to be impressed with how many cool people hang out in these forums.

I got to thinking about my post. I wrote it with my LSL EDC in my pocket, and all my other ARCs safe (and functioning) at home. I really do feel for those of you going without your lights.

Eric_M

Enlightened
Peter, you should check out http://www.expresspcb.com/

They guarantee shipment in 3 days upon receipt of order.

This would get you out of the jam and get everyone their lights back pretty quickly.

MR2Spyder

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Cy, if I was truely in the dark I would probably take you up on it.

A long wait? Yes, but I would rather wait then see ARC go into financial melt down. I would imagine Peter has a number of competitors who would love to see him out of business.

Peter, I am willing to wait. I would much rather support small and local business then mega-corps. Especially when you are producing such high quality tools. I am just beginning my ARC experience and even 'tho the first light I purchased, LS, didn't work when I received it (old stock from a on line store); the praise I have read on CPF and the great responce I have gotten contacting ARC have encouraged my patience. I have since acquired an ARC-AA and am quite impressed. Occasional updates would be nice though....

Hang in there Peter.

John

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks John. Some of the delay came because we originally intended to 'end of life' the LS line. But we brought it back at the request of the CPF. To do so, we had to order another batch of PCBs. These are unusual boards (not something done in 3 days). To add to that, the supplier convinced us that they needed to be reenengineered to make them a little easier to make. Most of that is behind us now but it still has taken longer than I expected.

I would love to offer a loaner program like CY, but a single customer often has more of one type of Arc than even we the manufacturer have. If we have a spare flashlight, we usually end up either giving it to someone or selling it. As a result, I don't have a single spare LSH anything in my possession.

Remember that we can give you a credit towards a Arc4 if you would like. The Arc4 PCBs are more complicated, but due to their new design they are more straightforward to manufacture.

I don't want to give you false hopes, but I talked to the LS PCB supplier this week. They said that a small number of PCBs was nearing completion.

Peter

Randytx

Newly Enlightened
Cy many thanks for the offer. The rest of you thanks for your posts. I went ahead and had Merri give me credit and I purchased an ARC4 yesterday. It was an LSL anyway. I always been an flashaholic, I just came out of the closet recently LOL. Now than I am older and wiser(In other words I can affort it) I will be buying the best. Now soon I will own the CAT'S MEOW. God Bless.

Randy

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, this is the FINAL order, meaning last run? If it's taking so much time, why can't you just keep them in production as long as someone wants them?

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR2Spyder said:
Thanks Cy, if I was truely in the dark I would probably take you up on it.

A long wait? Yes, but I would rather wait then see ARC go into financial melt down. I would imagine Peter has a number of competitors who would love to see him out of business.

Peter, I am willing to wait. I would much rather support small and local business then mega-corps. Especially when you are producing such high quality tools. I am just beginning my ARC experience and even 'tho the first light I purchased, LS, didn't work when I received it (old stock from a on line store); the praise I have read on CPF and the great responce I have gotten contacting ARC have encouraged my patience. I have since acquired an ARC-AA and am quite impressed. Occasional updates would be nice though....

Hang in there Peter.

John

[/ QUOTE ] I'll wait as well ... but not forever. If I have to, I'll ask for it back and perhaps have someone mod it for me. Any takers?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
cy,
Thank you very much for the offer. I have an Arc LSH-P that can keep me company until my LSHF-P returns.

Peter,
Thank you also for the credit offer to upgrade to a ARC 4 but in my current financial situation I will just have to wait. I do have a couple of questions about the new boards though. While this may be a stupid question I will ask anyway. Will the new boards be just as good as the old ones? And will my light have an LED as white as the one I sent you?
Thanks,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.