Is the pelican m6 right for me

powerhungry

Newly Enlightened
Hi all im thinking of purchasing a pelican m6 led. I want a torch that has a powerful tight beam and fairly long battery life but nothing too large. Can anyone think of any alternatives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

StuU

Enlightened
Highly recommended. Great light for the right price.

I recently purchased a Pelican M6 led and am so impressed that I am going to buy the Pelican M6 xenon to go with it. Lots of past discussion on the Pelican lights.

Boris

Newly Enlightened
excelent trhow for a led light. and a very good battery life. it stay bright for at least 2 hours, and then, many hours wile loosing it's brightness. Very good price. it's also very white beam. Highly recomended!!

capnal

Enlightened
Can't go wrong. I don't have the LED model yet, but I love my Xenon. Top marks. And Pelican has a "you break it, we replace it, forever" guarantee. Good product, good price, good service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

NewFlash

Newly Enlightened
It's a great light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
As an added benefit it's significantly underpriced. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
How would you compare is to the Surfire E2E? I know its cheaper but in terms of throw, battery life, size and feel.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The Pelican M6 has an amazing amount of throw. I took it to a park near my house. The park has several sections that are two or three hundred feet across. Using the M6 I can stand near one side and check the entire field for dogs, people, etc. I'm not sure what the folks on the other side think of that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The spill up close is enough that you don't have to swing it back and forth as you walk.

Daniel

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sure looks like a sweet light (the PM6 Led)! By the way, whats the runtime figure like? I can't seem to find it on Roy's runtime plots... Thanks.

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened
the light is advertised for 40 hours, but like previous people have said it drops out of regulation after about 2 hours.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
According to the battery discharge analysis chart I made, runtime to 50% intensity is about two hours, and it ran for just a hair under six hours overall.

pm6led.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... 2 + 4 seems decent for a bright Luxeon light, I suppose. Thanks for the info and esp Craig for the very informative chart! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif