Got my TNC key lux AA! With PICS ADDED!

coachbigdog

Enlightened
That's right,I got mine! I asked that mine not be anodized so I got mine today.It's a little bigger than I expected,quite a bit bigger than the n cell,but it is a work of art.I can't wait for it to get dark to use it.I'm actually out of town,but it came before I left.Now I can play with it without having to wait 4 more days!Will let you know what I think later tonight.I briefly compared it to the n cell before I left against the wall.Since it was daytime I couldn't tell much,except the hot spot was a good bit brighter.There will probably be a good difference in throw since the reflector is bigger and deeper.Post again later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Got my TNC key lux AA!!!

You lucky dog! (pun intended) I'm hoping to see mine sometime next week. (fingers crossed!)

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
That's right,I got mine! I asked that mine not be anodized so I got mine today.It's a little bigger than I expected,quite a bit bigger than the n cell,but it is a work of art.I can't wait for it to get dark to use it.I'm actually out of town,but it came before I left.Now I can play with it without having to wait 4 more days!Will let you know what I think later tonight.I briefly compared it to the n cell before I left against the wall.Since it was daytime I couldn't tell much,except the hot spot was a good bit brighter.There will probably be a good difference in throw since the reflector is bigger and deeper.Post again later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and here i was expecting you to be joking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

that's not fair!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif oh well, shouldn't be long now......

coachbigdog

Enlightened

I'm not at home to take pics,but there is actually a pic of the AA posted by TNC. It's actually longer than an arc ls.I do think some people will be a little dissapointed in the size.It's bigger than an arc AA,so for some people it's going to be too big for an EDC. I actually like it and am VERY happy.I just know some will not like the size.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened

Ok,no pics because I'm out of town.Used the light last night.If you were fortunate enough to get a n-cell,just imagine the same hot spot and corona only with a brighter hot spot and larger corona.It lit up my whole hotel room.Outside I could see the hotspot while shining it on the side of the hotel which has 7 floors.Now I could barely see it but that was with the parking lot lights on as well.No doubt in complete darkness it would have a nice throw considering it is a AA light.

coachbigdog

Enlightened

I have pics for comparison between n-cell and AA TNC,but I can't figure how to post pics.If I can email them to some one to post,I will.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey coach- You can send me the pics if you can't get them to work and I'll post them for you. Check your PM for my e-mail address.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's coach's picture- Nice!

DSC00687.jpg

coachbigdog

Enlightened

Thanks Fitz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif Oh,BTW There is suprisingly little difference in output between the n-cell and the AA.The hot spot is brighter in the AA,but not by a GREAT deal and the size if the flood is about the same.Still nice light although I MIGHT sell mine because I like the size of the N-cell.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

No problem, coachbigdog. I've got both ordered, but anodized. Hopefully i won't have to wait too much longer! Do you have an Arc AA to compare in size to the TnC AA?

coachbigdog

Enlightened

Like I said previously,I know some people will be disappointed with the size.I didn't think it would be bigger than the arc AA,BUT still very nicely made and will blow away an arc AA.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

The AA still looks like a nice pocket light. I use a pocket clip designed for the mini mag on my Arc AA, and it looks like it should work on the TnC AA as well for clipping to a pocket. That's good, 'cause I'm hoping to replace the Arc with something brighter for "one" of my EDC lights!

coachbigdog

Enlightened

This will be perfect for you then.I already carry an arc ls for a pocket light and the TNC n-cell on my keychain.I like the light,but it falls right in between what I wanted it for.In other words,I was wanting something a little bigger,but alot brighter than the n-cell.The AA is only a little brighter than the n-cell when you factor in size.And it's longer than an arc ls,but MUCH dimmer.So it "falls between the cracks" for my needs.

paulr

Flashaholic

I gotta agree that both of those TNC lights are too big.