Post your smallest Surefire E-series set-up...

akula88

Enlightened
Guys,

I find the E-series one of the most flexible light PLATFORM. From the e1 to the UBH, with the appropriate head, you can go small to the most powerful using P91-225Lu Incan Lamp... or to the future McGizmo's Aleph-3

I'm posting my picture of on how small can my E-series set-up get...

1xCR123.jpg

The centermost is an L1 head modified with Lux3-TXOK with so17xa reflector on a Vital Gear FB123 powerpack -- 2 7/8" long in standby mode

Post on how small do you make your SF E-series compatible... non-SF included

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hey Johnny !
Guess what ... I saw this title of your thread ... and I immediately felt the urge to post a certain picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif .... only to realize you had already done it and I was left without ammo looking like an idiot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I am quite glad that the internet does not show stupid expressions on faces ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

btw ... this adaptor used in the right light (made by Roth)...

modular_roth.jpg

... is really great to get the smallest possible E-Series solution with a solid Arc twisty. It is a pity that no run of these was made ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bernhard

P.S.:And I fully agree that the E-Series is the coolest modular platoform together with our CPF custom thingies .... cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif to our modders and creators /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

akula88

Enlightened
Bernhard,

Ha, ha... beat you to it...

Any measurements on the Opalec light? Seemed short enough... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Well the one in the middle of this picture is a NewBeam in E1 and it now sports a two stage switch inside. Very cool actually! On the low, you can verify the red low level light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It measures in at 3" My shortest(no pic) is another E1e/NewBeam head on an Arc AA twisty pack that measures in at 2 5/8" long. Both of these lights run on a CR2.

line-up.jpg

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad, I realized that most of the E1e are with the original bezel. Are they the original MN01 or have they been modded with LEDs? I find the original MN01 to be pathetic and I would rather have my E1e permanently attached with the KL1 but I have lost my E1e and have yet to find one in a store in Singapore. For throw lights in a small package I still prefer the MN03 on my E2e.

pjandyho, none have been modded with LEDs. From left to right...E1e-HA/KL1 with LOTC, E1e-HA/MN01 with LOTC, E1-HA/MN01 and non-LOTC, and E1-SG/old style SG bezel with no clip or clip hole and non-LOTC. I agree that the MN01 blows, and I, too, would prefer the MN03 on an E2 or E2e over the E1 series. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Johnny, it measures 6.6cm in length.
Although I do not like the sound of this phrase, I have to say mine is shorter than Don's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
bernhard

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nevertheless, I still like the built quality of Surefire's E1e. All that needs to be done is to install a KL1 which I already have.

luxlover

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
Johnny, it measures 6.6cm in length.
Although I do not like the sound of this phrase, I have to say mine is shorter than Don's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernhard, "you are a brute..."

83Venture

Enlightened
My smallest Kl 1 is also on the Vital Gear 1 X 123. Don't have it at the moment - it is with a buddy over in the sandbox somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
McShawn said:
Question yall, I am unfamiliar with the NewBeam heads? Are these a mod or aftermarket?

[/ QUOTE ]
The NewBeam is a 3-LED drop-in made by Opalec, originally designed to replace the lamp in a Mini-Mag.
My web page about it is right here if you're interested.

kj

Enlightened
I have a shortened VitalGear body, which accepts CR2, and have a modded L1 head using BB, Luxeon III and SO17XA. This combination is 2.48" long in standby mode.

Small_E_Series_Setup_1s.jpg

Comparison among some small components. The Arc adapter was not made by Roth, but the dimension should be similar.

Small_E_Series_Setup_2s.jpg
Small_E_Series_Setup_3s.jpg