Where do i get J bin luxeons

da_guy2

Newly Enlightened
Hey how do you go aobut getting particula bin of luxeon? I'm looking for a relativly low bin (j or lower) Vf.

David

idleprocess

Flashaholic
There are 2 ways.

You gamble and buy luxeons of unknown bin and hope you get lucky. Very lucky, since there are few outlets for known-bin Luxeons.

You buy from a source that will sell known bins. You can generally only do this in small quantities (1-10 pieces) or huge quantities (thousands of pieces... per month).

There are occasional group buys in the Group Buy forum where the bin is specified. Some of the "boutique" retailers sell binned luxeons.

There are also individual sales of binned luxeons in the B/S/T Lights forum - some from individuals with regular sources of binned luxeons, others from people that gambled on quantity and are selling off extras or bins they don't want.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx idleprocess for the plug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And yes - there are plenty TX1Js from the LED-Shop avaiable, there are *some* other "J"s in my hands but rather looking for a nice X 5W in trade than selling them.

Klaus

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
would a J bin drive nicely direct from 3v or perhaps two lithium 1.5v bats?

i would like to build a few for friends. i create a little pill using a copper heatsink and wooden dowel.
it is a very inexpensive way to get them into a luxeon light.

Bob

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I DD my J of 3 Alkalines haha, but then again I'm crazy and it has a nice hotlips. 3V would be a bit underpowered but I'm sure it would light up

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I'm telling you Klaus, you're going to need something exotic - like those UWAH's you won't tell anyone about - to land an X-bin emitter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
I'm telling you Klaus, you're going to need something exotic - like those UWAH's you won't tell anyone about - to land an X-bin emitter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hohum - unobtanium UWAHs - I wish I had some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Klaus