Browning 25 mm light

oscar

Newly Enlightened
I did it again, went to my favorite gunshop today and instead of a new gun, got a Browning Submersible. It uses 2 C cells inserted upside down and is said to be waterproof to 600 feet. Seems I read somewhere that this is the same as some other brand and is made for Browming. Can anybody tell me what I have?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I believe that Browning flashlihgts are made by "Pelican". However, I am not sure which model it is equivalent to in the Pelican line of products.

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
Oscar,

I'm not sure, but the model that might be similar to your Browning is the PocketSabre 2C made by Pelican. You can check it out at
http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.tpl?cart=99841357734383&sku=PEL1820C_YEL

I had the same question because I bought the Browning's 2AA version (similar to Pelican's VersaBrite Deluxe) and 2AAA version (similar to Pelican's MityLite). One day I noticed that they looked the same as Pelican's models.

They're good lights, but it seems like I've been hooked lately on buying the Streamlights (LiteBox, Stinger, UltraStinger).

I had a discussion topic on the Overall Opinion on Pelican lights, but I don't know if that topic is still "active" on this bulletin board.

Pelican's customer service has been great to me. The lights have a lifetime warranty and when I called for help, they were knowledgeable and courteous.

Just my 2 cents...

-Neal

oscar

Newly Enlightened
I had only tried this thing in the house and wastn that impressed. Took it ouside tonite and this thing is BRIGHT. I lit up my neighbors licnese plate at approx 50 yards and the tops of trees at approx 150 yards. I am going to get another one.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the Browning flashlights:

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/lites/lites.htm

They are Pelicans. And Home Depot used to sell relabled Pelicans too. But they went to a cheap knockoff. And Pelican is suing that company.

FYI. The UKE lights were relabeled for Buck Knives at one time too. I almost bought the 4C version on closeout at K-Mart. I wish I got it then. It was about $12 or $14 if I remember right.