bug in arc4+ rev1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynix

Newly Enlightened
i'm not sure what firmware revision my light is, the serial number is #0503.

when i triple click to dimmest level, then single click to turn the light off, then single click again to turn the light on, it should come on at the dimmest level, right? but if i leave the light off for a day or two then it comes on at my primary level instead of dimmest. is it having trouble remembering what level i last used? (battery is fresh, if that matters)

cynix

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
EmissionLine said:
Is force primary on?

[/ QUOTE ]nope.

if i turn it off then turn it on within about 1 day, it works just fine.

but if i leave it off for longer than 1 day or so it goes back to primary.

EmissionLine

Newly Enlightened
I've only tried it a few times, so I haven't said anything... but "find me" mode turns off all by itself after a few days on my rev2. I left on it mostly to see what it was like to have it blink all the time. Then I noticed that it wasn't blinking anymore.

Dunno. If force primary isn't on, then it _should_ come back on in dimmest mode.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I activated the "Find Me" mode of my Arc4 about five minutes ago, so we'll see what happens in the coming days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
O, the serial number of mine is #0172 if that means anything.
It's a "second" that I bought on Ebay in mid-March.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, it's been about an hour, and it's still winking happily away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Guess I'll need more than just an hour or two to find out if the "Find Me" mode poops out in my Arc4 or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Does anybody know how long the battery is supposed to last in this mode?

EmissionLine

Newly Enlightened
On the order of hundreds of days, I think. I don't remember exactly, but it's a long time. Especially now that the find me mode level is 16.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
My rev2 has been on find me mode since I got it 2 or so months ago. It seems to work just fine.
If it's not the force primary the only thing I can think of is maybe the tailcap isn't quite as tight as it should be. It kind of sounds like it might be loosing contact.(just a thought)

mut

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
EmissionLine said:
On the order of hundreds of days, I think. I don't remember exactly, but it's a long time. Especially now that the find me mode level is 16.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I posted the question, I've heard that it should last for about 7 months (approximately 210 days or 5,040 hours) on a single CR123A cell, but it hasn't been officially tested.

Sharp

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
[ QUOTE ]
EmissionLine said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I posted the question, I've heard that it should last for about 7 months (approximately 210 days or 5,040 hours) on a single CR123A cell, but it hasn't been officially tested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got my ARC4+ from 3 days and kept the "Find Me" Mode activated since I got it. This already makes about 72+ hours it is on, and is working perfectly.

Richard

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
As of 9:40pm PDT Tuesday, it's still happily winking away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
So there doesn't appear to be a bug or fault in this particular unit.

cynix

Newly Enlightened
good to see the "find me" mode works fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

however, my #0503 is still doing that turn-on-at-primary-level-after-long-period-of-non-usage thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.