friend want's an led light

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened
friend want\'s an led light

hi guys, my friend want's to get an led light. he doesn't want to spend more then $80 but he want's a relatively bright light, small, and different brightness settings or a high/low switch. i keep on telling him to get the arc4+ but it's a little more then he's willing to spend. he's looking at the longbow micra or the inova series. do u guys know of any lights that are under $80 with a high/low switch?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: friend want\'s an led light

Surefire L1? It's a little more expensive than $80, but it's less than the ARC4,

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

How small? 1x123 or smaller? I can't think of any with 2 levels under $80.00 off the top of my head. There is the Cabelas Luxeon, but I think 2x123 is the smallest.

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened

yeah, i think he want's the size of the micra and arc4. i didn't think there was any light like that for under $80 but wasn't sure.

Aloft

Enlightened

I like my L1(s), but the cost is a bit high. And although it's a 1x123 light, it's way longer than the E1, or ARC LS, or the Lonbow Micra. I've never seen one for less than around $115 new. Mine are red, so I can't vouch for the white.
I do like the Micra, but then again, you won't have a low setting and that's a bummer. But mine is bright, white, and they are quite compact, so if you can do without the dual settings, I recommend one. I also just got a Streamlight Luxeon Jr. . . for the price, and excellent light!

rp42995

Newly Enlightened

Streamlight Luxeon Jr is a great light for the price and you will have enough money to buy an arc aaa-p (all for under $80) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe that at some point a 2 stage switch kit for the Micra will be available, so maybe he should go for the Micra now and think about upgrading to a 2 stage when it comes about. He can spend the $80.00 now and spend a little more when the parts or kit show up.

14C

Enlightened

Look at the ARC Factory Seconds page. LS for $ 50.00, Arc 4 for $ 99.95.

ARC