woohooooooooo

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my fav day is almsot here i love the 4th of july . i like seeing all the flags .

14C

Enlightened
Flags, hotdogs, hamburgers, fireworks, beer, shorts, halter tops... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some bunting I salvaged from a past 4th of July parade float and am going to drape my deck as soon as the threat of storms goes down(I suspect the bunting is not all that patriotic. I have a feeling the colors might run on this symbol). I have some fireworks but they are all battery powered. Have a great 4th everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't like fighting crowds enough to have much of shot at seeing shorts and halter tops.

I also get a smidgen worried about the dodos that shoot guns for noise.

I will find someplace to observe one of the big Fireworks Displays!

And have as great of a 4th as I can! You should too!

JOshooter

Enlightened
Up here in Alaska we celebrate the 4th of July on the 5th technically. Right now we have something like 19 hours of day light with the sun up so it is day light basically all day so when the fireworks to go off it's after midnight.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
As a surveyor I have found more private places to watch the fireworks. Last year I took my family to a place in the mountains above the fireworks display and no one else was there. The fireworks were exploding at eye level.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I grew up in a town with a GREAT 4th parade and carnival. Great fun every year.

Set of fireworks in the back yard with my dad for as far back as i can remember. Also wonderful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unfortunately, I don't have as isolated a backyard anymore and I think there are minimum sentencing laws in this state for so much as having a sparkler. Good thing too as I set off pounds and pounds of the stuff since I was about 8 years old without so much as singing a hair. But you know, anything could happen. Thanks to the state for protecting me from myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But then, we've had this discussion at least twice around here recently.

But I LOVE the 4th as well. Unfortunately the fun around here is more centered on drinking downtown and I have no real desire to fight the crowds to be overcharged for bad beer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My sister is moving to Nashville before too long. I seem to remember Tennessee as a great place to buy fireworks... Perhaps we'll make a habit of visiting them for the holiday in the future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i may drive or have a freind drive me to alabama they have frireworks there there ilegal here im likke 20 minutes from there if i drive

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Privately-owned fireworks are illegal here too. You can spend a year in the can just for having a sparkler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I'll probably jump in my electric wheelchair and go to Victor Steinbrueck Park just a few blocks away and watch the Elliot Bay fireworks show from there, just like I did last year. If I leave here right around 9:45pm PDT, I ought to not miss anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

O, and if you see anybody using a SignBlaster Digital Badge displaying "THANK YOU FOR VISITING THE LED MUSEUM AT WWW.LEDMUSEUM.ORG!!!", that'll be me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif