Mod the AA minimag or buy a Streamlight Jr LS?

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Given the fact that its about the same price range, will you mod your existing AA Mini Maglite, or buy a new Streamlight Junior Luxeon?

I was thinking of TerraLUX MiniSTAR2 upgrade, about $25, when I saw the Streamlight Junior Luxeon, about $30.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting to buy the Streamlight Jr., I ordered the TerraLux Ministar. I believe the Jr. is much brighter and has a shorter runtime, and is fully regulated.
Anthony

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thing about using the sandwich for modding a minimag is that the investment is in the sandwich and not the light. What I mean by this is that you can use the light and abuse it, as I do. When the light body has had it, you just spend another $8 and get a new light body to drop your sandwich into.

robk

Enlightened
Go for the SL Jr - it's bright, white and runs for almost 2 hours on 1800mAh NiMH cells. It is built as well as a Mag and it comes with a "Kroll type" switch. Hard to beat at $26 + shipping. I think this is the first LED light that will change the buying habits of most consumers. Up until now, LS lights were only available for a premium price - the Jr is available and cheap.
Rob