• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: DragonHID 12 cell * SOLD *

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
DragonHID 12 cell with charger. HID Lamp is the 6 degree version and the exterior color of the light is blue. Used for less than 30 min. It has not even been recharged since the intitial charge.

For those not familiar with the DragonHID, information can be found
BEAMSHOTS ETC FOR DRAGON HID

MORE INFO

Asking price will be $375. Shipping included in the US. Outside US please pm me to discuss. CC Paypal accepted add 3%.

Thanks for looking. Making room for some upcoming lights.

Curtis

Greymage

Enlightened
Re: FS: DragonHID 12 cell in blue

I got the 6 degree too, the throw is amazing, but I was thinking maybe the 13 is better for close up work.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

The throw is really sweet. I fought with the idea of the 13 degree lamp as well and went with the 6. If you decide to get the 13 degree and this baby does not sell in the upcoming weeks, please let me know what you think about it and may decide to order the 13 as well.

BTW Price lowered slightly....see original post.

Curtis

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Naromtap,

The Tiger85 for sure throws further and appears to put out more light due to the nature and color of the incan bulb. The light color is completely different however with the DragonHID putting out a very white color with a hint of blue. Very nice. Kindof seeing a "regular" car headlights on the road right next to a mercedez or something that have HID lights. It just looks different....so to speak.

The Tiger85 is in your face type of light. The DragonHID is much more subtle and you don't really realize how much light it is really putting out. It is truely amazing....over 120 min for the DragonHID vs. approx 17 or so for the Tiger85.

DragonHID is truely built like a tank and capabable of 500+ft (IIRC) depths according to the builder....not that I plan to scuba dive to that depth to test it.

I just don't think I will use it much since I don't seem to be finding the time to dive and I am becoming more and more a fan of the small potent pocketable type lights.

I would only break out the DragonHID for wow factor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for asking.

Curtis

bmsmith

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:
...I would only break out the DragonHID for wow factor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...

Curtis

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm. Isn't that reason enough? j/k! Giving you a hard time!

- Brian

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

No problem Brian, but at the cost of the DragonHID, I don't want to keep it around simply for wow factor. If i used it more I would but right now my Tiger85 is serving that purpose and is getting used more than the Dragon.

Curtis

BTW the price has been lowered again.

Thanks

bmsmith

Enlightened

Man, if I had a good use for a second one, I'd snap this up and have a matching set!

Free bump!

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brian, you can always get another one and give it as a gift. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or even better yet use as a backup light.

Thanks for the bump.

Curtis

Greymage

Enlightened

If only this was a 13 degree one I'd be seriously tempted at that price.

Anyone with a 13 interested in a 6? Maybe we could do a 3-way trade...

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice thoughts there. Didn't think of doing it that way. What is the price of the 13 degree lamp assembly? Maybe we could work something out.

Thanks agian

Curtis

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened

I am so tempted. cue003, forgive the newbie question, what is the difference between the 6 and the 13 degree in terms of beam profile?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

NightGuy, the 13 degree gives a wider beam and the 6 degree has more throw. The 6 degree does have allot of sidespill so I can imagine how much sidespill the 13 degree will have.

Thanks for looking. Let me know what you think.

Curtis

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I am not mistaken, most of the beamshots that are on the above links are done with the 6 degree lamp.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Curtis,

Sorry you have to part with your DragonHID. I was the guy who suggested you start the group buy. After the long wait and the uncertainty, I felt lucky to get mine. For a goto general purpose light, I find it's hard to beat. I really love mine and really don't need another, but, as a fellow CPFer, I could scrape together enough, albeit much less than the light is worth, to offer a bailout.

I'm already on the hook for a Fire~Fly II, HDS Ultimate, Lion Heart, and a Key-Lux N-Cell, so this offer is purely to help out if you really need the money and can't get a better offer (if it were me I would not accept the offer, as the light is worth much more). The best I can do is to offer $300. This is not meant for me to get a great deal (although it would be), it's just the most I can offer for a light I already have.

I sincerely hope you get a better offer, as this is a great light and is definitely worth more than the current price of $375.

If you get really desperate, send me a PM or email. I'ld like to offer much more, but I can't manage it at the present time.

To all of you sitting on the fence, the current price of $375 is an incredable bargain. You will not find such a light anywhere. It is truely unique in it's form factor for the light output. You would be truely lucky to own one. If you were smart, you would be bidding the price up, not hoping it will go down and offering rediculous offers like me. Wait a minute - if this goes on much longer, I might have to start bidding up the price myself.

My offer of $300 is not meant to be an insult (though, in actuality, any reasonable person would consider it so). I am embarresed to make such an offer, but it is the most I can afford, especially for I light I already own. If it were not such a great light, I would not even make an offer at all.

Curtis, here's hoping you get a respectable offer,

Jim

Greymage

Enlightened

I haven't found a source for the 13 degree bulb that is cheaper than direct from WA for $120, unforunately.

I can't believe this hasn't been snatched up either, this is the nicest light I have, and I was happy to pay $435 for it - it was worth every penny.

PM sent.