Question regarding AAA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve C

Enlightened
I have three of these; two are a bit different from the other, and I'm curious why.

On two, the packaging was marked AWS-NAT, and the lights have an OD-like finish, very similar to SureFire's hard anodizing. The third AAA, which I actually purchased first, has a black finish. I don't recall what the packaging said. It is definitely brighter than the other two.

This is no big deal; I'm simply curious. The "black" one is part of my EDC kit and is one of the few things I have that make me feel like I got well more than my money's worth.

And what is an "AAA-P"?

Steve C

Enlightened
<<P means premium...>>

Okay, thanks.

But I'd still like to know if there is any intended differences between the "black" body and "OD" body AAAs I have; or if it is strictly coincidental.

BTW, I know of another "black" bodied AAA and several more of these "OD" ones; the black one, like mine, is definitely brighter. And that is what makes me wonder if there is a reason behind it...

The "black" ones were purchased by myself and another fellow from BrightGuy. The "OD" ones were a bulk purchase that another co-worker found on the net somewhere; we only paid like $15 apiece for these "OD" ones.

But they are marked like the black ones, and came in "official" ARC packaging. So I don't think they are a cloned rip-off copy.

So, the only difference in the "Premium" is the LED itself? Everything else is the same?

zumlin

Enlightened
I'm not sure, i wasn't a flashaholic when the black AAAs were around. And yes, the only difference in the premium is the LED itself and the inscription.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
They answered correctly.

AAA-P is the Arc-AAA, Premium version.

The FAQ goes into detail about the LED used, etc.

The black finish was an earlier model. Some black unit were type II anodize but most are Hard Anodize.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.