way to carry a spare bulb INSIDE a tec 40

turbodog

Flashaholic
I have figured out a way to carry a spare bulb INSIDE a tec 40. This method could easily be adapted to other lights.

Take the 4 aa batteries out, drop a spare bulb down inside the light, put the light back together. You now have a spare bulb INSIDE the light!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seriously, take the 4 aa cells out. Use a dummy aa cell that can be whittled on/etc and fit the bulb in the dummy cell. You'll have use 3 cell bulbs, but it does work.

paulr

Flashaholic
Cute idea--did you actually do that? It looks like a PR bulb flange is just a tiny bit smaller in diameter than an AA cell. So fitting the bulb inside a dummy AA cell might not be easy. There's also the matter of finding or making the dummy cell, and then at the end you have a 3 cell light instead of a 4 cell. It might be better to just have some external capsule with a spare bulb inside, hanging off the wrist lanyard.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I have some leftover dummy aa cells from an OLD handheld cb radio. They are already hollowed out with one side missing before I got to them, so no real work was required.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
lowering battery capacity for a backup bulb does not apeal to me.

I usualy have a backup flashlight.