Article -- LED Me Not Into Temptation

ygbsm

Enlightened
Maybe someone has already cited this. Even in my LED ignorance, this article on LEDS is not so great, but the author did get one thing exactly right -- look at who is cited under "Other Resources" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif They call the resource, familiar to Candlepower Flashaholics "Amazing" and rightly so!

http://www.idfuel.com/index.php?p=178&more=1&c=1

P.S. I hope this is the right place for this thread -- if not, feel free to relocate it moderators.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dominic needs to get real and join/read CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Somebody emailed me this link a couple of days ago...I see they cropped and used one of my pictures too:

cuv395-2.jpg

Look familiar?
This is a LEDTronics # L200CUV395-12D near-UV LED that I tested a couple of years back.

But I do like the text they put with my website's link. Amazing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yay Craig! That was a great mention of your site. And your palm is now famous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well-deserved! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
did ya know if ya google the word led the led mueseem is always like in the top 5 listing.im pretty sure its the first sight ive found we i reseached leds

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I decided to post this link on my website, on the "Awards & Media Coverage" page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If you don't want to go to my site and ferret out the link, it's right here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Not only is is the LED Musuem a superb site, it's how many of us got to CPF in the first place. Thank you Craig!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Brightnorm

ygbsm

Enlightened
I ran into the link while looking at, of all things, news about PocketPCs. I went to http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
and for their July 3 news they had a link to the IDFuel article with the description:
"If you've ever wondered how the LEDs (and, especially, that incredibly bright Bluetooth LED) in your Pocket PC works, look no further. This is a short but good read on LED technology as it currently stands."
Not really the most accurate description of the article, but as a member of CPF, I felt it my duty to investigate.

LED Museum's fame among PocketPC users has also increased!!

P.S. In the PocketPC thread about the article,
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=259869&sid=de620b1a119601f1e4d7e7e43d064f2a one poster sounded suspiciously like a proto-flashaholic:
"slee
Pocket PC Intellectual
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:12 pm
Hmm.. no mention of Luxeon LEDs.. now up to 5 watts, and damn bright!"
Also, there was a post by someone who needs to find CPF:
"anyone seen or find a place you can order actual lightbulb replacements based on led tech? (kind of like the "compact florescent lamp" designs)"