X-11 one 123 cell 1 Watt Luxeon pocket light

nobbe

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody !
As I have browsed this (cool) forum now for some time (definetly not long enough though ....) I found that some people are interested in 1 cell (123) Luxeon pocket lights. Some time ago I have bought one in Germany which I have not seen so far on this forum (maybe because I have not read all the threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) But anyhow, perhaps someone might find this light interesting. It is called the X-11 and is manufactured in Spain by a firm called "ombu" - ombu
As I said before it is powered by only one 123 cell and uses a 1 Watt regulated Luxeon LED. The finish of the aluminium body is a bit strange because it is not anodized or anything like that but just painted in black colour. The box says it is rated at about 25 lumen but from what I have seen so far I don´t know if that is true.
So here are some pictures ot the light. ...... SeeU, nobbe

x11_1.jpg

x11_2.jpg

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting - especially the link.
How do you like the X-11? Is the beam white? Is the switch solid? Does it have "momentary on" capability?

nobbe

Newly Enlightened
Hi Stainless,

well, compared to my L4 or my Schulzendorf Gamma 1 the whole finisch of the X-11 looks somewhat cheap (not anodized, the reflector has some "dirt" inside, etc). But of course it is much cheaper - and what I like - it is very tiny (almoust a keyring light) as it runs on one 123.

Yes, it has a tailcap switch with momentary on capability. For permanent light you have to turn the tailcap clockwise.

The beam tends to be a bit blueish but I think it´s still o.k.
It ships in a nice plastic box complete with one 123 cell and a lanyard. In Germany it is sold by Globetrotter for about 65 EUROS. I think you could probably get the light much cheaper in Spain or through another webshop outside Germany. I don´t know if the manufacturer will accept any group buys though.
´hope this helped ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Norbert

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I think this was the one that copied the circuit of the Arc LS Series ... there were some threads about it a while back, but of course I cannot find them with the search function ...
bernhard

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
nobbe:
Thanks for the details.
I really like compact luxeon lights - but I've developed an obscession for clickie switches.
Thanks again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

By the way - Welcome to CPF!
(Hide your wallet quickly.)

nobbe

Newly Enlightened
Stainless:

thanks for the welcome. You are right about the click switches. I also like them better because of the more precise operation. This definetly is one of the downsides of the X-11. If you don´t unscrew the tailcap part enough the light can accidently been turned on by the momentary on function of the switch (well actually it´s not really a proper switch, it just pushes the rear contact towards the battery), draining all the power while in your pocket.

nobbe

Newly Enlightened
...... well, I think the same. The general problem seems to be that prices for flashlights in Germany are quite high compared to other countries. It really would be interesting to know what these lights might cost directly from the manufacturer in Spain.