OMBU X-55 LED Tactical Flashlight

nobbe

Newly Enlightened
Hi jacques,

it´s the same firm in Spain that make the X-11. I have done a small review here: X-11
Strangely they don´t have this new 5 Watt light on their home page found here
It would be interesting to find out, what the price is in EURO if you buy this light in Spain as the $$ price from this dealer you mentoned does not seem to be that low.

-Norbert

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Careful before you buy it; it's clearly aimed at the L4 but I don't see any info re regulation, lockable TC, pyrex bezel, verified lumens, etc. HA is only type II; that "epoxy coating" is just a coating, very different from HAIII which creates an electrochemical aluminum oxide bond. There are questionable L4 comparisons regarding output and weight:

"It is much lighter than other flashlights in its class, a mere 3.7 oz. including the batteries"
L4 is 3.4oz

"Makes a great substitute for more expensive tactical flashlights made by SureFire. In fact you can't get this much light output from an LED model from Surefire"
They illustrate this with non applicable examples, rather than with any 5watt SF LED.

True, you'll save some money on this light, and it might turn out to be excellent. Just make sure the site has a good return policy .

Brightnorm

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have an ongoing review of the OMBU X-55 right here if you're interested.
The X-55 produces a WIDE angle beam; much more of a flood when compared with the beam of a SureFire L4. There's no momentary mode available with the X-55's tailcap clicky switch.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
did anybody notice 50.000 hrs for the 5W LS?
I guess it is just a bogus claim or did I miss anything?
bernhard

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just checked the box, and sure enough, it says the LED has a 50,000 hour life.
Maybe this is to half-intensity, or maybe it's until you can no longer find a keyhole in a dark doorway with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Doesn't specify.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
At a claimed 75 lumens, they can't be driving the emitter all that hard - perhaps that's why they're claiming such absurd emitter life.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I measured a total current consumpsion of 753mA, using the batteries that were included with the flashlight.
I don't know if there is a circuit inside the flashlight or not, so this current value does not take into account any current used by a circuit.