L4 makes me a hero (sorta)

BobVA

Enlightened
Today I was touring the new Dulles Airport annex to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. One of the exhibits was the original alien "mother ship" from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It's a pretty big (3 ft. diamter), complex model, and it's covered with quite a few "easter eggs" that were inside jokes from the model makers. There's a little cemetery, an R2-D2, a VW micro bus and a bunch of other things stuck in there.

The exhibt isn't particularly well lit, and a man was trying to light it with the anemic light on his video camera in order to help his kids look for the easter eggs. I was on the opposite side and lit up "my" sector with an L4 and immediately became the godfather of the two kids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The guy said "You win the brightest flashlight award!" and started looking on my side - we found three odd ball items in a couple of minutes.

After a bit my girlfriend wandered up and I turned over the duty to her and her MM/MadMax which kept the attention of the kids, too.

It's always handy to take a good, bright light to indoor aviation museums. They usually aren't all that well lit, and are rife with the proverbial "inky shadows" in interesting areas like wheel wells and jet intakes. It's nice to be able to light those areas up and see what you can see.

Cheers,
Bob

cetk.jpg