the new corvette

raggie33

*the raggedier*
let me add this it also gets 22 mpg not bad for 400 ponies

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
my favorite vette is the last year that they made the zr1.
4 cams 32 valves all aluminum engine.
1995 I think
a complete new engine for one sold for over 20 grand on ebay.

405 horsepower

higher reving
and better power delivery

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Penguin said:
yah raggie, dont they resemble the 360 Modenas a bit?

[/ QUOTE ]i aint sure but id say this for sure the vette is cheaper .and id bet faster

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well if i had the money for a feraii and i could buy 3 vettes for same price .well for me its the vette i still aint sure a 360 would even beat the vette

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Lotsa photos from Edmunds.com

028681-E.jpg

bigcozy

Enlightened
I hope they got the kinks worked out this time. As a former owner of a C-4 and C-5 I don't think I will buy another one. The 1999 C-5 was never "right", transmission and AC issues until the factory took the car back. The 1986 C-4 that I had was the 4+3 transmission, almost no parts for this at all. I looked at a ZR-1 for a good price, but there is a little thing you need to know about them. Mercury (as in outboards) built this engine and there are all sorts of odd things about the engine and the way it was put in the car.

You need lots of money and a sense of humour.

Pic of my 86 C-4:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aprilstoy/detail?.dir=/8ab0&.dnm=65e6.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
I dont like the front end.
Doesnt look like a vette.

Too many of these new cars are loosing the styles and shapes that make them what they are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hmm, am I the only one that thinks the front and rear design don't match? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Edit: Great minds ticey.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rex

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
well if i had the money for a feraii and i could buy 3 vettes for same price .well for me its the vette i still aint sure a 360 would even beat the vette

[/ QUOTE ]

Reggie,

You don't buy a Ferrari for its speed, price, or features. You buy it because of the exclusivity of being a Ferrari owner, the aura and history behind the brand, etc, etc.

Rex

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
rex said:
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Reggie,

You don't buy a Ferrari for its speed, price, or features. You buy it because of the exclusivity of being a Ferrari owner, the aura and history behind the brand, etc, etc.

Rex

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Ferrari's were for going fast, beating the competition and looking good doing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like Ferrari's but can't see myself being able to afford one. However if I cut out beer and flashlights I can sign the papers on a well equiped Corvette that is more than capable of holding it's own on a race track. That's not bad is it?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif