Are Aging LSL Specs OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My six month old LSL seems to be consuming about 15% more current and has lost aprox 6% light output. I don't notice the 6%, of course, but I hope the current consumption has leveled out. Is this normal and due to changing LED Vf?

The regulator draws 300 mA from rechargeables up to 490 mA on lithiums. The light output stays rock stable regardless of current consumed.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nascar, my runtimes have shortened a little but the light output is pretty constant. Is that what you were asking?

Just for the record: The LSL is a great light and is one of my favorites. I'm not too concerned that there is a problem yet; I'm just educating myself and am curious if anybody else had similar readings.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm no expert, however if you notice a shorter runtime, something must be up with it. I don't know enough to say whether that's to be expected after time or not. I always heard that LED do have a 10-year life expectancy and it goes to 50% brightness or something like that, but that's I know.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the change I noticed with my LSL something that happens with overdriven Nichia's too? Might this be a circuitry value change of one of the components rather than a changing Vf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts