Longbow Optics

Warbird

Newly Enlightened
I'm a newbie and I just got my first Longbow Mini.What kind of stock optics do they have?
Are the stock optics good and what other kind of optics could I use? I seen the SO17XA reflector talked about on CPF.
The LB seems like a good light and I would just like your opinion. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

alberto

Enlightened
Replace the stock optic with a SO17XA reflector and a UCL lens and you've got an incredible light. It just doesn't get much better.

sidespill

Enlightened
Depending just how new you are and what kind of lights you already own my suggestion would be take your time and enjoy every little improvement. That being said I suggest you start with just getting the light. I think the reflectors better but you probably have no idea. So enjoy the light in it's stock configuration and slowly introduce new things. If you hang out here long enough you will see there are some cool stuff and cooler stuff. If you jump strait to the baddest mod out there you miss out on the fun of experimenting/learning part. A lot of folks here are no longer impressed with lights that are already really great lights because we've been exposed to a lot of stuff seen here. I can remember the feeling i had when i got my first surefire E2 and my first ARC LSL. yeah I can remember all right but It takes a real high cool factor nowadays to FEEL like that again.
just my 2 copper circles.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want to become like one of us (caution /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif), I would get an ultraclear lens (UCL) for starters (flashlightlens.com). Will work with either stock optic (which is a Carclo 6 degree) or the SO17XA (17mm diameter) reflector.