• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 1D M*glite shortened to 4xAA NiMH

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
1D.jpg

MAGLITE%20RECHARGEABLE%20002.jpg
MAGLITE%20RECHARGEABLE%20003.jpg

As I promissed, these are some of my mods for sale to be able to make some new Ideas. All of them are 3D M*glite shortened to size of about 1D
All of them come with installed NiMH rechargeable battery pack (except #2 which has Li-ion) wired to tail jack. You don't need to remove batteries to recharge but you need to have proper charger (not included). I have include male side of jack to each flashlight, so all you need to do is connect (solder) your charger positive output to inner (middle) jack connector and negative to outside (flashlight body)
All of them are adjustable from spot to flood (except #4) and bulbs are replaceable. Number 1, 2 6 and 7 are machined and painted head to look different. Please look carefully to pictures. Sorry, I can't break them to parts.

From left to right:

#1 - 1D black M*glite 3 cell M*g bulb 4xAA NiMH $55.00 <font color="red">SOLD</font>
#2 - 1 1/2D black M*glite 3 cell Magnum bulb 2x18650 parallel bare Lithium-ion $59.00
#3 - 1D silver M*glite 3D M*g bulb 4xAA NiMH $65.00 <font color="red">SOLD</font>
#4 - 1D black M*glite 3x1 watt Luxeon with optics, 4xAA NiMH $65.00 <font color="red">SOLD</font>
#5 - 1D red M*glite 4.8V xenon bulb 4xAA NiMH $59.00 <font color="red">SOLD</font>
#6 - 1D black M*glite WA1183 bulb 4xAA NiMH $65.00 <font color="red">SOLD</font>
#7 - 1D black M*glite Carley 606 bulb 4xAA NiMH $59.99 <font color="red">SOLD</font>

All prices are shipped to 50 States. International buyers please add $6.00
Please Paypal to [email protected] and mention item#
Thanks for looking.
Any comments or ideas are welcome and appreciated.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice.

I think you should sell the shortened lights by
themselves for people to mod with Lux's or whatever
(as well as sell these that you already made).

Cheers - Greg

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Greg,
I haven't made them to sell and make profit. All of them cost me much more than what I ask for. I made them simply because, I am a flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take item #4...

Paypal sent.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you doing the shortening/re-threading yourself
or getting a machine shop to do it?

If the later, they might like to do a production
run of 20 or 50 1D or 1C lights.

Greg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice lights! nice price too!! What kind of wall wart do you need? Just curios, as it's not listed. I'm glad the one I was looking at got sold. I have too many lights as it is!!!

sygyzy

Enlightened
Can you please tell us more about the light sources? I am not familiar enough with various bulbs and LED's to know what I am looking at. I am interested in purchasing one ASAP.

Also, charger info?

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I can give an answer to the charger question.. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For the flashlights with NiMH, these will need a charger that will charge up to 4 NiMH batteries in series, using a charging lead. For the one with Li-ion 18650 cells, you will need a charger that will charge 1 Li-ion cell, probably at around 4 Amps, since the typical 18650 cell is around 2000mah, and this is two cells in parallel.

Examples of these are, the Great Planes Triton, or the Schulze isl6-330D charger found here. These two examples are probably way overkill for this application since they charge a multitude of chemistries beside NiMH and Li-ion, and are aimed more at the RC crowd than CPF..

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys for delay on answers.
greg_in_canada, I have done a part of machining and have machine shop do the rest which is out of my ability. As you know, 4 AAs will nicely fit in stack of 4 in M*g D size but 2 of 18650 will not and need reboring.
Elnath, I do not have any 1C size at this time but might make in future as well as 1D
yaesumofo, Batteries are rechargeable NiMH GP 1800mAH and you can charge them using smart charger like Triton or use constant current charger for 4 cells. Lithium-ion cells are Sony 18650 and I was told they are 1500mAH but doesn't say on batteries. I use my old Nokia charger to recharge Lithium-ion cells <font color="red">ONLY</font>.
sygyzy, #1 is overdriven 3 cell bulb (3.6V) by 4.8V which is brighter than 3D M*glite. #2 is slightly overdriven Magnum bulb which is brighter than 3 cell Magnum with longer run time. #3 is overdriven 3D M*g bulb. #4 is 3 separate 1 watt LEDs on Aluminum plate using 3 optics. These are direct drive with forwarded voltage of about 3.6 volt using voltage regulator. #5 is a 4.8 volt PR base xenon bulb. #6 is halogen 4.7 volt, 3.85 Amp PR base bulb with lot of stress on batteries. http://www.walamp.com/lpd/webstore/searchbyapp.tpl?Sku=2885711974144&cart=107691358222722&divnum=2&startat=31
#7 is a overdriven Krypton 3.7 volt 1.7 Amp PR base bulb. http://www.carleylamps.com/star.htm

litho123

Enlightened
Hi fivemega - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Keep me in mind for a few 1C Mags when you decide to make them. Looks really cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

moraino

Enlightened
Is it possible to chop the switch parts and leave only the middle part of the 2D tude to make it really short? Of course, the tail switch has to be custom made.

One guy did this before for his HID conversion if I remember correctely.

Or simply made the tube to fit the Mag head. Any thought?

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Greg, you are first in line for 1C.
Seems like people are more interested in 1C rather than 1D. Why? you will have more choice and power in 1D which is only 8mm fatter than C size.
Moraino, I remember that thread about using tail switch to reduce swich length but there are other flashlights with much shorter switch. http://www.ledcorp.com/aluminum2.html or
http://www.ledcorp.com/aluminum.html
Ufokillerz, I haven't use any battery holder. I made a pack of 4 stack and soldered terminals to tail jack. Why do you need holder in this case? You don't even need to remove battery pack to recharge. Unless you want to use non-rechargeables.
Marcspar, those are parallel battery adapters. More info and pictures here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=607438&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1