Where to buy W or X bin 5W?

albert

Enlightened
Urgently needed a piece of the above. Can someone please sell me one? PM me. Thanks.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a groupbuy for W binned ones that should get going soon. These are pretty much the best stuff that's available to us but as usual, if you find a source for Xs, please throw a shoe at me!

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can try getting a W bin one from Lucien, I remember he got on the last group buy.

oldeng95

Enlightened
is that guy on Ebay for real, If I swapped in that in my L4 how much brighter should I expect it to be??????
thanks
PAUL

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to say, unless you have a way of finding out what bin luxeon you already have in your L4. My experience with Surefire LED lights is that they already use pretty good bins anyway.

albert

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
oldeng95 said:
is that guy on Ebay for real, If I swapped in that in my L4 how much brighter should I expect it to be??????
thanks
PAUL

[/ QUOTE ]

No difference in brightness, unless you mod the stock circuit to overdrive it but may have some difference in color tint.

flashworm

Newly Enlightened
according to the charts, it seems that with the 5W can achieve somewhere from 120-190 lumens, but i don't seem to find any mods putting out this numbers or am i wrong. also, how does the Vf comes into play here.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That guy selling the XWOT on Ebay is our very own Endeavour who managed the "W" group buy which ended up in those XWOTs

So it all seems very legit to me - I think everybody except me got their XWOTs - I just guess Enrique is partying too hard on Maui and is always sleeping too long recovering with the PO already closed then when he gets up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Klaus

albert

Enlightened
Will a W bin 5W produced somewhere from 120-190 lumens when it is direct driven at 1000mA or 1500mA?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
With no regulation? Wouldn't the light get dimmer and dimmer as the batteries weaken?

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
oldeng95... I would expect if you swapped the WX0T from eBay into your L4, it would be noticeably brighter. Also as albert says, modifying the stock circuit (on top of that) will also achieve a brighter light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashworm... check out this thread and this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

albert... 120-190 lumens driven at spec!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

pjandyho... of course at constant current /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whether it would be brighter would depend on the bin of your current luxeon. It might not be worth the time and expense. As for overdriving an L4, I'd be careful. The stock L4 generates a lot of heat as it is and it's underdrving the luxeon at around 660mA, in stock form.

If your L4 is bright and has a good color tint, I'd leave it alone and think about putting the new 5W lux in a new light.

albert

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
Which is why you should get my KL5 Albert...kidding...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your KL5 suckz!!!

When I get a W or X bin in my 2D Maglite running 3x123, your KL5 and your buddy's KL4 will be toasted beyond recognition... kidding too...

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Albert! How could you say that! You should be getting a XWOS bin LuxV and running it off 8AAs with a DB1500!!! Only then will it completely obliterate the KL5.... Muwahahha...

Alright, I'll get back under my rock....

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
albert said:
Your KL5 suckz!!!

When I get a W or X bin in my 2D Maglite running 3x123, your KL5 and your buddy's KL4 will be toasted beyond recognition... kidding too...

[/ QUOTE ]
And so will your fingers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
It looks to me like the part on ebay is a W bin (X0 color), not an X bin with W color.

albert

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
And so will your fingers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Seem to me you need a new hairdo... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif