Father loves inova xo for work!

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Father loves inova xo for work!

I know that there are alot of new people here looking for a light for specific reasons so I thought I'd post about my father.He loves flashlights,cheap ones mind you,so I asked him what he need as far as a light goes at work.He's a SUPER for a construction company and they do alot of duct work for hospitals and such.He said he needed something that had a bright spot and could throw.He needed it to look up into a/c ducts and dark corners.I bought him the inova xo and plenty of batteries and he loves it.He said he can see things clearly that before were hard to see.So,there you go.

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
Re: Father loves inova xo for work!

Cool, I am interested to know if anyone can rate this light. Like how far is the throw and what does it compare to???????? Its only a 1 watt so I hafta wonder just how far it does throw. The best thing for me would be to buy one, and add it to my collection of 42 lights. Sheesh, why did I ever get hooked up with this CPF forum? The spending and collecting just never stops. But I'm in flashlight heaven.
emixot.jpg

<font color="blue">--Ðøug
LaughSmirk.gif
2004.7.7.19.47.41 PT

coachbigdog

Enlightened

It throws farther than my arc ls with fraen optics with a tighter spot and less flood.Actually,there's not much flood at all,but at the same time not as tight as the x1.

Doug Meister, I know what you mean about the flashlight addiction. This thread will simply kill your wallet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just bought two Inova X0s. They are just fantastic. Great throw, unbelievably solid body. Even tougher than the X5, if you can believe that. It is definitely one of my favorite lights.

greenLED

Flashaholic

How's the runtime of the XO compared to the XT5? I think I'll go for one of these next.

coachbigdog

Enlightened

You'll get more runtime because the x5t is 5 leds,but you won't get NEARLY the throw.The runtime on the xo is 4 hours of constant brightness then it drops to 50% at the 4 hr mark.But keep in mind,that's four continuos hours.Using it minutes here minutes there,it'll last MUCH longer.They are 2 VERY different lights.Actually,many people have them both as they are used differently.There is also a post showing many of the runtimes of different lights.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

the XO is really a handsome light.

if it were a little more floody, i would probably get one.

Bob

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened

That review was helpful. The Inova XO seems to be about like the Streamlight TL-3 LED in throw, which is not like the TL-3 Xenon. The XO's light gathering widget looks sort of like a fresnel lens. I think I gotta get one. And all this started because I wanted to get some LR44 batts for my Key mate. Gotta make s&h cost effective.

Future wish list for the Inova XO -- How about a 5 watt LS even if the head has to be larger and more batts and a shorter run time. After all - I want raw power. Then make the body color out of Titanium Nitride = same stuff on some yellow drills and machinist tools.

(I wonder when they will come out with a 10 watt LS ??? 20 watt?)
<font color="blue">--Ðøug
LaughSmirk.gif
2004.7.8.16.18.38 PT