Has anyone seen GoldenGadgets?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
That subject line pretty much asks the question. I used to visiting the web site every couple of days to hopefully find some new light. But for almost a week GG has been...down, nonexistent...gone?

Anybody know where the web site went to? Did they go out of business? Are they still around to order from? Has anyone ordered from them and NOT gotten anything?

I see GG is still selling at Ebaby.

Thanks!

GoldenGadgets

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone check out the GOLDEN GADGETS web site lately. It was taken over by, uh, "vDeck"?

And another strange little trick is when I tried to pull up a Golden Gadgets Ebay auction I get the dreaded no-information "Invalid Item" page RIGHT HERE.

Stranger and stranger it gets.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Hmm, a quick WhoIs confirms that something changed hands yesterday...

Domain Name: GOLDENGADGETS.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
Referral URL: http://domainhelp.tucows.com
Name Server: NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET
Name Server: NS1.IPOWERDNS.COM
Updated Date: 08-jul-2004
Creation Date: 02-jul-2003
Expiration Date: 02-jul-2005

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed GG through Ebaby's mail system but I didn't get a reply from GG. At least not yet. Has anybody ordered from GG lately? Any sign of them?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing that makes me want to believe they are still around is their banner; it remains on CPF, which means they are probably paying $20 a month. However, I have never seen a banner removed from CPF, so I'm not sure.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone sees the banner "roll around" on cpf, click on it and see what happens. I'm curious.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
GG is trying to make a come back! They are trying. The web site is broken and the only information GG is passing out is the same kind of information I get from my cable Net service when they are broken. Or kinda like, "If you would like to call, please hang up and try again."

The GG site says:

"The site is currently down for maintenance. Please excuse the dust, and try back later."

GOLDENGADGETS

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
However, I have never seen a banner removed from CPF,...

[/ QUOTE ]

They get removed. But usually get put back up pretty quickly once the dealer realizes that it has been removed and their dealer designation for the username has been removed. I give alot of "grace time" for bannerad donations but I do draw a line eventually.

Latest posts