Bought a Princeton Tec Impact II & Eclipse

Craig720

Enlightened
The Impact II is already part of my EDC. A very nice LED. Great for walking the dog at night.

I also like the Eclipse. It's like a Photon on steroids. Great for peering around the backside of the computer to see which cable has become loose. I wish it had the "covert" option offered by the Photon Microlights, though. Don't really need the sidespill.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I prefer the Eclipse II, but the Eclipse is only $5.97 at Campmor, so that's what I got.

The II's carabiner is wire, instead of plastic, so it goes on a little easier.

But even better, the II's carabiner comes off (like the original) but included is a little clip to replace the carabiner that can be used to clip the light to a hat, or stand it on the ground. Otherwise, the dimming and flashing modes are the same as the original.

daloosh

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bought a Princeton Tec Impact II & Eclipse

You can modify it yourself to make it a covert. A piece of heatshrink tubing will give you almost the same results. For complete side spill blockage, a small piece of plastic tubing will work.

Craig720

Enlightened
Re: Bought a Princeton Tec Impact II & Eclipse

[ QUOTE ]
kitelights said:
You can modify it yourself to make it a covert. A piece of heatshrink tubing will give you almost the same results. For complete side spill blockage, a small piece of plastic tubing will work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so where might one find such tubing, and how would you know the correct diameter to get?

Craig720

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
daloosh said:
I prefer the Eclipse II, but the Eclipse is only $5.97 at Campmor, so that's what I got.

daloosh

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds nifty. Haven't seem any of them yet in stores.

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Craig720 said:
[ QUOTE ]
daloosh said:

daloosh

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds nifty. Haven't seem any of them yet in stores.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brightguy.com has them on closeout for 6 bux...it just says Eclipse, but it has the wire gate so it must be the II.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
It's the Eclipse that he's closing out, I would think the picture is an error of some sort, unless PT has updated the clip on the Eclipse. He's selling the Eclipse II for $12.95. I got an Eclipse at Campmor for $5.97, about the same as brightguy, they had red, blue and white.

Eclipse
Eclipse II

daloosh

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I must eat my assumption about the wire gate being only on the Eclipse, cuz we wuz at Campmor again for some of those camp chairs that fold like umbrellas for ten bucks, and I saw more Eclipses for $5.97, and this time, they had ones with wire gates. Last time, when they only had the plastic gated ones, but they must have put out some newer stock.

The Eclipses are sold there in clamshells, and the Eclipse II is in a cardboard box with clamshell inside.

daloosh