Inova XO burntime and optics?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Hi!

I have read about the Inova XO and it´s data sheet at Inova´s web site,and it says that two lithium batteries runs this flashlight,but it does not say how long burn time the XO has. Does anyone know about the burntime on the XO?

Regarding the optics that is used on the XO,does anyone know if this years new flashlights from Inova will have this XO-optics,and if it will be of smaller size than the XO? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Thanks in advance for any info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Northern Star

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Thank´s for the link,Eric! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The info text said that the Inova XO just have 4 hours burn time. I think that is quite a short burn time,but i asume that is is because of the 1 watt lamp.

Still i wonder if Inova will release anymore flashlights this year that will use the XO-optics?

Northern Star

*Retired*
Newbie runs out to burn the Inova, but has difficulty trying to get it to ignite.

On a side note, would it burn longer with the batteries are fresh or discharged?

(I had to try for one bad joke tonight...)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Roy,
i klicked on the link that you put in your post,and i read about the XO´s burntime. It seams like it burns for 8 hours,but only burns bright for 4 hours,the rest of the time it seams like it has a very weak light.

I found a link about the coming Inova T-series here T-SERIES,and the text shows interested specs about the T-series,but it does not say if those flash lights will have the optics found on the XO(TIROS OPTICS).The text says that the T-series will have a burn time of only 2 hours each! Is it just me,or is this not a quite short burntime?

Northern Star

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
NorthernStar said:
Roy,
i klicked on the link that you put in your post,and i read about the XO´s burntime. It seams like it burns for 8 hours,but only burns bright for 4 hours,the rest of the time it seams like it has a very weak light.

I found a link about the coming Inova T-series here T-SERIES,and the text shows interested specs about the T-series,but it does not say if those flash lights will have the optics found on the XO(TIROS OPTICS).The text says that the T-series will have a burn time of only 2 hours each! Is it just me,or is this not a quite short burntime?

Northern Star

[/ QUOTE ]

That two-hour runtime could be the time it burns at maximum brightness, till the brightness falls below 50% of that compared to a set of fresh batteries. The T4 description made little sense to me, at least initially: a 4-watt Luxeon with a Li-Ion battery?

That could be... interesting. Especially since the recharge time is longer than the 'run-time'.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
NorthernStar...3 1/2 hours of rock-steady regulation is actually quite good! Keep in mind that the circuitry is eating some of the power, as well as the LED. Regulation usually comes with a price, and the price is usually paid in run-time. 3 1/2 hours of steady regulation is very respectable...once you go regulated, it's hard to go back!

PJD