What is the scariest movie / scene you've seen?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the scariest movie / scene you\'ve seen?

To me it was a scene in the American wolf in paris (not the UK one) It was about these guys that made parties in ancient gregorian temples and invite lots of pepole only to turn to warewolves and tear them apart.

Anyway, there is this scene where a couple of police officers are chasing one of the warewolf in an underground tunnel, when their trusty m*glight fails them, they are hitting the light to try to get it working again and they are using a lighter to see what they are doing, each time the lighter ignites, you can see the warewolf come out from behind a wall with it's fiery yellow eyes,click(from the lighter) it's closer,click! closer,clik! closer and when they finally get the light to work it shines on the wolve open jaws as it jumps them and tears them to pieces.

Oviously if those officers would have been flashaholics that wouldn't have happened, the warewolf would have been blind and dead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif end of story.

The movie that scared me the most was the shinning(spelling?)form the 70's. and Jaws I

What was/is your scariest movie/scene?

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Re: What is the scariest movie / scene you\'ve see

Without a doubt, either of the first two Alien movies. What makes it so scary is that's believable, although sometimes the characters don't exactly act like real people would.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened

blair witch project, that movie scared the bejeezus out of me, i was actually shaking at the end.
And then esspecially the scenes with the kids hands/voices around the tent, and the last scene at the house.

AlphaTea

Enlightened

I have to agree with UncleFester.
Hands down, without a doubt
Alien then Aliens.
They were not your average hack and slash horror flicks that depended on cheap tricks like the boogie man jumping out from around the corner, or the female twisting ankle when being chased by bad guy. Ripley kicked ***, took names, went there AND wore the t-shirt.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Re: What is the scariest movie / scene you\'ve seen?

For me, it's "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock. Small coastal town which is taken over by murderous flocks of birds. Scary as hell!
oldgrandpajack

matt_j

Enlightened

Hmmm depends on the age... But I remember growing up with Nightmare on Elm Street and that really got me going and looking over my shoulder. None of the horrors lately I've see were scary. I guess term horror is getting replaced by psychological thriller. But I did see Jeepers Creepers and that made me kind of uneasy. House of 1000 corpses which is a remake/follow up to Texas Chainsaw Massacre (sp) was not that scary but really interesting.

But Aliens Quadrology was great. So was Leviathan. Nice and funny movie that I liked was Evil Dead. Also Cabin Fever even if not that all together was pretty scary.

Matt

d'mo

Enlightened

John Carpenter's, "The Thing" was a scairy one for me.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought The Ring was pretty scary. Blair Witch spooked me.

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

Rosemary's Baby and the Exorcist

That's before I new movies weren't real. Those two will rock you to your bones if you think they are real. The only thing that scares me now is documentaries. You know that types like Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and the like. Now that's some scarey stuff.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

bio dome

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast

More of a Thriller then a Horror, but "The Hitcher" is good flick.

The last movie that actually scared me was that Awesome Car video. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Frangible

Enlightened

Scariest movie I've ever seen was Schindler's List. I had a knot in my stomach through most of the movie. From the "cleansing" of the ghetto, the train that went to Auschwitz... no teen slasher can come to close the horrors portrayed in that movie.

JOshooter

Enlightened

The scariest movie for me was 28 Days Later.

My friends and I rented it last year on Halloween. We all agreed to meet at a house up on the hillside. Just as we got there it started to fog...(Talk about atmosphere.)

Anyway, the movie is about a group of people are the only ones left in the world after a nuclear bomb or something...Everyother living creature is inflicted with a disease called Rage. They get it and go crazy (and it seems like they come from everywhere).

It is a gorey (sp?) movie not for the kids unless you want to show them what happens to those who find out the secret about Santa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The original Jaws did it for me.
The first time I saw The Andromeda Strain, it was pretty scary to me too, especially when they put the specimen under a microscope and it "grows" with that scary noise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
Halloween 3 was also scary..."One more day to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, one more day to Halloween, Silver Shamrock!"

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I was a teen in a theater where one of the Jason or Freddie movies was playing (memory - WHAT memory?).

Anyway the scene was when an arrow came up through a guy in a bed.

The whole theater jumped about 2 feet!!!

Honorable mention to both The Thing and Aliens!

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was a kid, I didn't understand what all this fuss about dinosaures was about... so I got a tape of jurassic park and waited until my parents left for a weekend night... (yeah they wouldn't let me watch it)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ...bad choice.
Urgh! I still have nightmares.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

rofl jurasci park every time i see it i rase my feet at the point where that dinosour was sticking its head thru ceiling

AbnerCadaver

Banned

For me it was "The Others" w/Nichole Kidman. The suspense when strange things begin happening around the house, combined with the twisted ending, just creeped me out.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

requiem for a dream

it is scary in a different way

one of the best movies I have seen in a long time

"You know, I think it's a modern horror film. We always saw this as a monster movie except that the monster was invisible. The creature was invisible. It was addiction, living in the character's head and the only other difference is that the creature wins."
- Director Darren Aronofsky on 'Requiem for a Dream'

StEaLtH_

Enlightened

Yes good one markdi!
That movie shocked me to my very soul, amazing movie.
Rather not see it again though, felt like poop afterwards.