SureFire Batteries are now available

Size15's

Flashaholic
The prices have been out of a while, but most people don't know about the SF123As.
These batteries are fantastic.
I will not be using any other brand because in my test, the SF123As whipped Duracell Ultra's no contest. my test confirmed another test with the P61 that gave incredible results.

Better light for longer (and that's just with the P60 Lamp!)

Al
grin.gif

Spark

Newly Enlightened
Ya know, just like a *******, I posted this in the wrong forum, my mistake.

I'm glad to hear that the new SF batteries kick ***, I'll have to do my own testing and see how they compare.

Kevin

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it should be interesting to see what kind of results Craig , Brock, Chris and Gransee get with the pair of batteries they received last week courtest of JonSidney....

How about it guys? Any results yet or too busy ?

Spark

Newly Enlightened
FYI SureFire has just release pricing on their new battery packs. They are available in boxes of 12, either alone or bundles of 6. Now you can have the batteries without having to buy the little hurricane packs, which I know we all love oh so much.

Kevin

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry- still no Arc-LS to test them with. Unless anyone`s got an unwanted SureFire E1 or 3P they wouldn`t mind donating to science?
wink.gif
OK, just a thought....

I`ve been working a lot of extra time lately and when I get home I`m usually totally worn out and in no mood to say up late, meter-watching. Hopefully though, things will have calmed down by the time my LS shows- and you`ll get results very soon after that.

tongue.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just out of interest, how much do those SF cells cost? And does anyone know an online dealer who`ll ship overseas? Because I`m not really happy with the performance of my cheapo Panasonic cells that I currently use, so might want to invest in some SF123s depending on the results of my testing

shocked.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris

I know that Arizona Gun Runners has them for $30 / dozen plus shipping. Don't know if they ship to the UK

Jeff

D

**DONOTDELETE**

i can't find them at Arizona Gun Runners, do you have a link? or are there any other retailers that carry them?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

thanks i just ordered a dozen!
smile.gif

then i realized that lagger-pro is about 20min away from me....i could've just went there
pat.gif

Bucky

Enlightened
Glad I could help.

But I would be interested in the AGR link if they really sell the SureFire SF123As for $30 a dozen. Although with shipping, the prices are probably pretty close.

Bucky

JoeyL

Enlightened
Hey Yo2tup,

I dont live far from them either, but they dont sell directly to the public. They only do internet (or phone) sales. At least thats what they said 3 months ago. But they sent my order overnight for no extra charge.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

oh ok, they shipped it over night to me to so all is well
smile.gif

anyhoo, i just got them today and they are indeed better
smile.gif
i only have a P60 and E2 to compare....but when i use regular duracells on the P60 and the SF123A's on the E2, the E2 is brighter and whiter than the P60. and that has to say something sincew the P60 is rated at 65 lumens while the E2 is 60 lumens.

Spark

Newly Enlightened
****RUMOR CONTROL****
Rumor has it that the SF batteries are private labeled Panasonic's.... I don't know for sure as this is now 3rd hand info... Can anyone do a comparison?

Kevin

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have not heard this.

My runtime comparison with Panasonics against Ultras last year resulted in Ultras winning.
SureFire SF123As beat Ultras far more significantly then Ultras are ahead of the rest.

I very much doubt this rumour is true.

Al

Tim Flanagan

Newly Enlightened
Kevin,
The rumor is not true. I spoke with an "unnamed, highly-placed" source at SF when the batteries were being made and the factory is not the same as the one that makes the Pana's. SF has QUITE an investment in them, so expect to start seeing them with new SF's as soon as the DL's run out. They are privately done with different specs than all the other 123's out there. Test 'em- you'll see. I got 82 minutes out of my SF123's in an E2 which stayed whiter and brighter than the DL's for an added 11 minutes of "better" light. The DL's gave up at 74 minutes. I'll get the comparison pics up shortly. Incidentally, using the P61 in my M2, I got 40 minutes total runtime to the point where I would say the batteries were not useable. There were a couple of odd thermal shutdowns, which were unexpected, so I need to re-run that test, but overall, I see the SF's as much better than the DL's, Sanyos and Pana's.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim Flanagan:
Kevin,
I got 82 minutes out of my SF123's in an E2 which stayed whiter and brighter than the DL's for an added 11 minutes of "better" light. The DL's gave up at 74 minutes. I'll get the comparison pics up shortly. Incidentally, using the P61 in my M2, I got 40 minutes total runtime to the point where I would say the batteries were not useable.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be interesting to get useable technical data like adischarge curve for constant current (e.g. 1A, 1.5A, 2A) and one for constant power (2W,3W,4W per cell).

How do you define end of discharge?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I do not run the batteries in my SureFires dead. I swap them for fresh ones when I notice the light output has lost it's brilliance or "magic". The slightest yellowing, and they're gone!

I've found that AGR are selling "12BCSNB" - 12B boxes with no batteries. I'll be getting some of these (from AGR unless Tim can get them) for my used but by no means empty 123As...

Al
grin.gif

Latest posts