Surefire E Series Black Tail cap?

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quetion:

Does Surefire make a standard E Series Black Tail cap? (Not the E2d)

Thanks,

Brian

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
There is the Z54, which is for the black E1 and E2. It isn't HA III black. It's the same black as the 6P-BK.

Surefire put the Z54 on the E1E-BK, which was HA III, and it didn't match the flat black of the body and bezel.

Surefire put a black HA III LOTC on the E2E-BK, last year. I don't know the Surefire designation for that tailcap. It may be available, if you called Surefire Customer Service.

There is also the Z61, which looks like a black HA III version of the Z57 clickie tail cap. Don't know if it is actually available yet. Again, Surefire Customer Service would be able to tell you.

oldgrandpajack

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
... and is it available seperately?
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

It's listed here but a lot of the items there are never in stock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
thanx! will try.
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother Bernhard. I think the customer service person there has this as her standard pre-set reply -

Subject: Your Mail Order #542

Dear Cyril Ng,

Please be informed that your ordered items are out of stock right now.

We will keep you informed when the stock is available, or you can check
again via email later.

Thanks for your order

P.S. - The price quoted on the website has not included shipping charges.

Supreme Co.

----- Original Message -----
To: "Supreme Co." <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: Your Mail Order #542

> Hi Winona,
>
> Do you have the following in stock -
>
> 1) E1E-BK
>
> 2) SureFire Z54 Replacement Tailcap For E1e/E2e, BK [SFZ54]
>
> 3) SureFire Z61 Rear Cap for E series, Black [SF_Z61] Price - ?
>
> Are the tailcaps HA II or HA III?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Cyril Ng
>
> At 15:50 21/06/2004, you wrote:
> > Dear Cyril Ng,
> >
> > Thanks for your email.
> >
> > Please noted that our stocks is moving everyday.
> >
> > We are so sorry for any inconvenience.
> >
> > We will keep you informed when the stock is available, or you can
check
> >again via email later.
> >
> > Thanks for your order
> >
> > Winona
> > Supreme Co.
> >
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Cyril Ng"
> > To: "Supreme Co." <[email protected]>
> > Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 2:21 PM
> > Subject: Re: Your Mail Order #542
> >
> >
> > > Hi Winona,
> > >
> > > Why don't you just indicate whether stock is currently available
at the
> > > order page? It would save your customers a lot of trouble &
> >disappointment!
> > >
> > > -Cyril
> > >
> > > At 13:12 21/06/2004, you wrote:
> > > >Dear Cyril Ng,
> > > >
> > > >Thanks for visiting our website.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >Please be informed that SureFire E1e, Black is out of stock right
> > > >now.
> > > > > > > >
> > > >
> > > >We will keep you informed when the stock is available, or you can
check
> > > >again via email later.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >Thanks for your order
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >Winona
> > > >
> > > >Supreme Co.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > Cyril Ng

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I shot a message at meridian tactical ... will keep you informed should something useful pop up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. Thanks guys. This leaves me in a bit of a bind. I'm on Balog's list for E1-E1.5-E2 bodies in Black. I MAY, if I'm very very lucky, have a Black PR-T head possibly being built for me.

This leaves me without a tailcap..

(You know what we need as well? A mod for the E-series that acts like the the ARC-LS plug, I think, that Roth built. Or better yet? A Otokoyama VIP Twisty for the E-series.)

Hmm. So I'm up the creek without a paddle..

Brian

akula88

Enlightened
According to Litfuse, he was given TWO Z57-BK for evaluation, and this was passed on on a fierce guessing game for the last piece Z57-BK Clickie Last May 27-28,2004 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=579273
Right now its with rookie. The other one was given to FrenchyLed. I think they maybe the only ones ever made available.

Also, a CPFer from Japan re-anodized his Z57-HA into Z57-BK.

So... I believe only the Z52-HA (not HA-III) is available for us.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
A1-ES-raw-components.jpg

I may be speaking out of school here, but I believe these will be done in HA-BK and *possibly* HA-NAT. I don't think there is any set timeframe for release, other than "when they're ready."

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Brian,

There is a good chance that I could build you a black TK two stage next weekend. I am hoping to get tail caps from both anodizers around mid week (HA-Nat and BLK). I might even get black 1x123 tubes back by the end of the week. I think I have a couple black PR-T heads left as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif The shoppe will have parts shortly there after.

If you don't like the guarded tail cap, I suppose I could sell you a black HA II or HA III Z54 as I have a spare in both flavors. You could go for either stock or modded with the two stage switch.

We certainly don't want you up the creek without a paddle! Or cap for that matter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Z52 - Push Button Pressure Switch LockOut TailCap for the E Series (& L4) HA (Hard Anodised aka "natural HA" to Mil-A-8625 Type III Class 2)

Z53 - Push Button Pressure Switch LockOut TailCap for the E Series GM/SG (GunMetal/SatinGrey not HA)

Z54 - Push Button Pressure Switch LockOut TailCap for the E Series BK (Black not HA)

Z57 - Push Button Pressure Click ON/OFF Switch LockOut TailCap for the E Series (& L4) HA (Hard Anodised aka "natural HA" to Mil-A-8625 Type III Class 2)

Z61 - Push Button Pressure Click ON/OFF Switch LockOut TailCap for the E Series BK (Hard Anodised Black aka "HABK")

E2d & M6xxC* Push Button Pressure Click ON/OFF Switch LockOut TailCap with Crenelated Shroud (Hard Anodised Black aka "HABK")

[* I guess that the "C" TailCap will become HA in-the-fullness-of-time]