E2 Mod Question...

Steve C

Enlightened
In the LEDMuseum review of the E2, he mentions (and shows) a drop-in LED bulb for the E2. But the link he provides is dead due to the board having "moved".

Anyone know who made this, is it worth a crap, and is it still available? For that matter, are there any other similar LED drop-ins available for the E2?

TIA...

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what Craig (LedMuseum) was referring to is the KL1 or even the KL4 Led conversion bezel. Its not really a 'drop-in' module, so to speak, its a whole complete bezel. Its made by Surefire themselves, and will fit all the 'E' series bodies. They are far from crap, as a matter of fact, they are great conversions for your SF lights. I personally have the KL1 and love it for its versatility! There's lots of threads on them here, I don't know where to start pointing you to, maybe Roy's runtime plots for the KL1 and KL4 might be a good place to start in the Reviews section...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
There were quite a few Pills and E modules made for the E bezels. I believe Lambda was the first?

EDIT: Probably most recent was the E-sink with E-can available from the shoppe.

Soon there will be the E-screw available on the shop and it will fit in a modified E bezel but it will require an optic or so17xa and not be compatable with the existing reflector in the E bezel.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I believe what Steve wanted was the E2 retrofit bulb, consisting of a single 5mm white Nichia LED in an E2 lamp assembly.

The page he was referring to is right here if you're interested.

Here's a photograph of the the LED assembly, and the original E2 lamp assembly:

e2-6.jpg

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh right... I knew that! I was umm... just testing you guys... umm... to see if you knew your stuff! Yea, that's it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks for pointing it out Don & Craig... I actually didn't know there these existed!!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems nice to have one of those drop-in module to burn up the remaining batteries.

Steve C

Enlightened
Stanley, I'm aware of the SF KL heads. But if I'm going to spend that much, Might as well double it and get an L1.

McGizmo, could you perhaps provide links to what you're referring to? And what is "the shoppe"???

Thanks...