L4 rattle?

RH

Enlightened
I just got my first SureFire (an L4) and notice that a rattle can be heard drom the head. Is something loose or is this just the way they are?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert, I too just got an L4 (yesterday) and I don't hear any rattle. Sometimes if you tap the body just right, you can hear/feel a vibration from the clip, but that's pretty much it. Do you have the bezel screwed on all the way??

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
My KL4 doesn't rattle at all. I do get some rattle though from the body (I'm not sure if it's the batteries or clip, but that doesn't really matter).

nobbe

Newly Enlightened
I have a L4 now for about half a year and there is nothing like rattling. Also if you heavily shake it you cannot hear anything rattle especially not the batteries ! I would have mine sent in to Surefire and have it checked.

-Norbert

Size15's

Flashaholic
Robert,

Is it a brand-new boxed L4?
That did this right out of the box?
Does it have the current (new to those who don't have it) body style?

One of my KL4's rattles but continues to function but it's one of the first (or perhaps even the first) I had. I suggest contact SureFire and arrange to have it replaced. I've not done so with mine because I can't really be bothered since it still works no worries.

Al

RH

Enlightened
It is the newest one with the new box and body style taken out of a sealed box. I know it is the bezel ecause I took the bezel off and just shook that and it made the rattle. Are there any parts there I could tighten up?

Thanks,
Robert

luxlover

Banned
If it was any component other than your bezel, I wouldn't worry about it. However, the bezel is the brains of the operation, and without some risk of catastrophic failure it cannot be worked on. It is screwed, glued, aligned, etc. I am very handy, but it scares me to death thinking about dismantling a bezel! I strongly suggest a call to SureFire. You can't go wrong with this.......