Lux III in a 4C Maglite?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone done it?

runtime compared to a 3D Maglie LuxIII mod?(4C vs. 3D?..i know resistance is a factor)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I believe you would be rather closely replicating the bold and noble (but failed) LuxIII-driven-by-2x123 experiment.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
I believe you would be rather closely replicating the bold and noble (but failed) LuxIII-driven-by-2x123 experiment.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i meant to mention that i know resistance would be needed, just checking to see if anyone has gone this route???

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning to do it, the equipment is already on its way to me, the only difference being that mine is a 4D Maglite, but voltages remain the same. I intend to put a 1 ohm resistor on it, which should limit current to 1158mA, including the internal resistance of the batteries and other components (switch, housing, etc.)

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You Could allways put one of the many regulator circuits in the thing. It would work fine and you could get a nice flat output over the entire runtime(unlike direct drive).
I am quite partial to regulated reflectored lights.
Absolutly the way to go.
Yaesumofo

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
6V to a single L3 is going to be quite wasteful when using a resistor or linear regulator. With a 1 ohm resistor, I'll bet you'll get more than 1.1A of current. Your best bet would be a downboy converter, which would ease the load of the batteries (for 1A, a DB1000 would be around 80% efficient, and would reduce the current load on the batteries to 760mA), and provide flat regulated output.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I did a 4D and it had crazy runtime compared to my 3C but I don't remember the exact over all run time and the current I set it at was less than I prefer.

Mag4D LuxIII

(sorry not much help I guess)

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm considering doing the same thing - Mag 3D converted to 4C with a DB1000 and a TYOK emitter... Should be a very bright light!

Jon