Impact XL on sale at Gander Mountain

PJ

Enlightened
I just got back from the Gander Mountain store in Novi, Michigan. They had Princeton Tec Impact XL lights on sale for $ 14.97. I don't know if all stores have them in stock, I don't recall ever seeing them at the store in Taylor, MI.
The light has an all black body and comes with Duracell batteries and a lanyard. The Gander Mountain store is north of I-96 at the Novi exit. It is on the west side of Novi road.

PJ

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
im pretty close--i ive just outside Ann Arbor--thanks for the tip!

i may have to go check one out--$15 is a steal!

is that right across from the 12 oaks mall?

Bob

ksbman

Flashaholic*
While you're there, check out the flashlight selection upstairs at Gaylans.

They have one of the biggest selections I've ever seen, better than REI's, which is also not too far away. Edit- They took down 1/3 of their flashlights and put up some cheap lanterns. Not a great selection anymore.

Gander Mountain is west of the light right out front of the mall on Novi Rd. and Gaylans is behind GM and to the right, past The Great Indoors, on 12 Mile.

REI is at 6 Mile and Haggerty.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
ooohhh. my wife loves the great indoors--i bet i can talk her into going there while i play at the other stores!

Bob

PJ

Enlightened
I believe the Gander Mountain is in an old Kmart store, if that helps. As you go north on Novi Road it will be an immediate left at the light. I was there this morning and there were about 6 left. They also had Coleman rechargable 1 million candlepower spotlights for $ 9.99. Naturally I had to purchase one. I was also in the Taylor GM store and I didn't see any of the XL's.

PJ

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
got one!
it is darn bright--730 lux on fresh bats. i picked through a couple to find the whitest one. just a hint of green.

beam is a bit ringy, but still very nice.

did mention it is bright?
thanks again,
Bob

lhivernant

Newly Enlightened
Phooey, my local Gander just had the impact II on sale for 15 bucks, not nearly as enticing. No Impact XL's at all. All wasn't lost however, they did have 25% off what are already the best prices anywhere on Mountain House freeze dried stuff.

Joel

cy

Flashaholic
No Gander mt stores around here, if anyone is going anyways, can you please pick two impact XL's up for me?

can PP right away...

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to, CY, but i wont be able to get back there (about 40 minutes from me) anytime soon. we were out there last night visiting friends.

if i can in any way find my way out there, i will pick up a couple for ya! it is one helluva deal.

Bob

cy

Flashaholic
Thanks Ksbman, let me know how you come out. If someone accidently buys an extra two. I'm sure there will be more folks that want one at $15 ea. If not I'll cover costs and ship to who ever wants one.

PJ

Enlightened
More sales at Gander Mountain.
I was just at GM at lunch ( 11:30 a.m EST July 13 ) and they had about 8 of the Impact XL's left.
They also have 40 % off all of their Guide Series flashlights. Does anyone have any reviews on these ?
The 1 watt 3-C cell looks very similar to a TwinTask 3C, especially the end cap. 25 bucks seems like a good deal if it actually has a Luxeon in it. The package says it is 25 times brighter than a regular LED and looks to have a Luxeon-like emitter inside.

I checked the receipt for the Impact XL's I had bought and it says Impact II on it. I guess the XL's are mispriced or something.

PJ

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped by a Gander in Virginia last night and nothing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Not much PT selection at all and not even a hang tag for the XL.
Were these in the regular flashlight aile or somewhere else.

OTOH they do have some surefires so I got to play with the A2. I really like the switch action. Wish they had an L1 an L2 to try.

They had a lot of overpriced 3AAA headlamps all variations of the streamlight theme but way too expensive. They also had a 1CR123 3LED light but the thing was huge. Probably twice the mass of a mini mag. Why make a light so damn big?

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped in at their store in the Rochester, NY area where they have flashlights in two areas (camping gear & knives/sunglasses/binoculars). Neither area had anything interesting listed as being on sale.

However, seeing this thread still going on, I checked their website, and sure enough, several neat lights are on sale through the 31st, and are listed for that store. I'll check back with them in a few days.

- (a different) Craig

ksbman

Flashaholic*
I just bought four so there's only one left now. The batteries were already in it, so I'm guessing it was one of pedalinbob's rejects.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ksbman said:
There were five left yesterday.

I'll go buy them if there is enough interest in buying them from me.

A quick Froogle check show them selling for $24 - $40 on-line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just advised that my wife's boss wants some better flashlights for the office. i think i might get you to pick me up 2 of these. im waiting now for my wife to call me back........

so is the general consensus that these are brighter than the UK 4aa led??

i want to make sure that my wife's boss will be happy with these since he's looking for something better and brighter than the rechargeable lights he's got now(plug in wall type /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif)

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from the Rochester, NY store. They did indeed have all their Guide Series lights at 40% off, including their 3 & 5 watt luxeons.

- (a different) Craig