Self Destructive Personalities

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me or aren't the following people about ready to implode:

- Courtney Love
- Michael Jackson
- Ex L.A. Mayor Riordan

Oh, I can probably list another 50 or 60.

Who would you add to the list?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I agree about Michael Jackson. I think he's going to go down for something, and what's left of his money won't be able to buy his way out of it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sadest one i recall was chris farley.he was a super cool person did lots for charity but he drank to much and used drugs.and left the world to soon.i was so bummed when he died. i like all his movies and miss him on snl

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Ever read about Eben Myers?

Radithor (Radium -- triple distilled water guaranteed to contain at least 1 microcurie each of Ra-226 and Ra-228)

"Byers was the founder of the A.M. Byers Company, one of the world's largest steel companies. In 1928, the Pittsburgh industrialist and one-time U.S. amateur golf champion (1906) injured himself on a party train following a Harvard-Yale football game. At the recommendation of his doctor, he began drinking Radithor, and he continued to do so long after the injury healed - he averaged three bottles a day for two years. Byers stopped consuming Radithor in 1930 when his teeth started falling out and holes appeared in his skull."

Scientific American

The Great Radium Scandal; August 1993; by Macklis; 6 page(s)

"Eben M. Byers died early on the morning of Thursday, March 31, 1932, the victim of a mysterious syndrome that for 18 months had ravaged his body, corroding his skeletal system until one by one his bones started to splinter and break. Byers had been a powerful man, a broad-chested athlete and sportsman who was an expert trapshooter and had been the U.S. Amateur Golf Champion in 1907 at the age of 27. As chairman of the A. M. Byers Iron Foundry, he had personified the Roaring Twenties, a millionaire socialite and tycoon who had clambered into the upper reaches of New York society. He continued to lead a life of privilege even after the stock market crash, maintaining homes in Pittsburgh, New York, Rhode Island and South Carolina, as well as horse-racing stables in New York and England.

When Byers died, his shriveled body must have been barely recognizable to friends who had known him as a robust athlete and ladies' man. He weighed just 92 pounds. His face, once youthful and raffishly handsome, set off by dark, pomaded hair and deep-set eyes, had been disfigured by a series of last-ditch operations that had removed most of his jaw and part of his skull in a vain attempt to stop the destruction of bone. His marrow and kidneys had failed, giving his skin a sallow, ghastly cast. Although a brain abscess had left him nearly mute, he remained lucid almost to the end. He died at 7:30 A.M. at Doctors' Hospital in New York City."

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if you can draw a comparison between Byers, who didn't have the knowledge of radiation poisoning as we know it today, and Michael Jackson who has been diddling young boys for decades, against all conventional wisdom.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Marty Weiner said:
Is it just me or aren't the following people about ready to implode:

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a pretty good case to be made that Michael Jackson isn't homo sapiens as we know them.

What...kind of life is THAT, Spock?!

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I'm not really sure... I think his ego drove him to consume the radium... he couldn't tolerate being less than physically perfect. Being rich, he had access to a 'cure' not available to commoners. That's similar to Michael Jackson's obsession with plastic surgery and his personal appearance. At the very least, Byers succeeded in destroying himself.

turbodog

Flashaholic
And to think, MJ married LISA MARIE PRESLEY! Man.... if I had THEIR kind of $, you'd never see me again. I'd retire and give notice by postcard.