Plain Luxeons are still available from Future-Active!

bikeNomad

Newly Enlightened
If you don't want the LS/O (with lens) and don't want to mess with mounting bare LS emitters, you can still get the regular LS (emitter mounted on a (20mm flat-flat) hexagonal metal plate) from Future-Active.

These may be easier to use for flashlight conversions because of their heatsinking.

The following are all allegedly in stock and available for small quantity purchase (though their website sometimes lies about what's in stock; I'd check on the phone):

LXHL-MW1C $12 white
LXHL-ML1D $13.50 amber high-dome
LXHL-ME1C $12 cyan
LXHL-MD1C $10.50 red low-dome
LXHL-ML1C $10.50 amber low-dome
LXHL-MM1C $12 green
LXHL-MB1C $12 blue

Just a thought for those conversions...

jeff1500

Enlightened
Where can I see voltage and current specs for these? I always get lost at the lumileds website.

jeff1500

Enlightened
Thanks. Looks like an amber one will draw about 100 mA or so for 2.4 volts. That would be a really easy installation.

I wonder how much light you get and what the beam pattern looks like.

Maybe high dome is broader focus than low dome?

bikeNomad

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
I would think the hi dome will have a tighter focus, say less than 50 degrees.current batwings or low domes are 110 degrees beam spread. Check out the Lambertian area, especially the red and green, these are hi domes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd only seen red, red-orange, and amber hi domes. Are there others by now? What's the part number for the green high dome (I need one)?

Also, the high domes don't have a narrower beam (I have a red one). Actually, they're about 140 degrees beamwidth vs. 110 degrees for the batwing (low dome). The data sheet has graphs of the light output vs. angle for both.