• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired GONE: Two TX1J 3D Mag DDrive Lux III mods pics

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I have for sale two brand-new, just completed, 3D Mag Lux III mods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I have two colors available: one is in a <font color="red">Red</font> Mag 3D body, and the other is in a <font color="blue">Blue</font> Mag 3D body.

The Lux III's are direct-driven from the 3D batteries, and each light uses a Yaesumofo O-sink for thermal relief. I have used a TX1J bin Lux III in each of these lights. This particular bin produces a very nice white color (not tinted, just white to me), in fact very close in color to that of the TWOL I recently had some experience with. Lux III's from the TX1J bin have been found in recent lights from other "famous" modders such as McGizmo and Mr. Bulk (even in some of the VIPs I believe). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif For proof of bin code, I'll include the star that the Lux III's came off of under the battery spring where you would normally find the spare bulb.

I'm asking $85 for each light shipped via insured priority mail within the US. I can only take cash Paypal (NO credit cards!). Posts on this thread take priority, and then please also PM me to work out the payment details.

Pictures aren't currently available because my wife has our digital camera with her in California, however I'll try and post some Monday night if these haven't sold by then. There really isn't anything different to see that hasn't been posted here before; beamshots look just like any other Lux III coupled with a Mag reflector.

I only recommend using alkaline batteries in these lights. I do not know how rechargeable batteries would act, and there is a high chance of killing the Lux III with rechargeables. On fresh alkaline batteries, both of these lights pull just under 1.6A. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Yes, very bright! I expect that this will quickly settle down to about 900mA - 1A after a short bit of use form the experience I have with a similar light. The Lux III running on 3 alkaline D cells is a very long lasting, dependable, and bright light! I keep these in my cars for emergency use (cold temps can be an issue with Alk. batteries though).

FYI: I have not permanently attached the O-sink to the Mag body due to its very tight fit. It slides very snugly down into the body tube, and I have used arctic silver thermal grease to ensure proper thermal contact with the Mag body. It takes a good deal of work to get the heatsink back out of the body, but can be done if careful. I chose this method so that some kind of regulator could be added to the light in the future if desired. From my experience, there is no issue with the heatsink coming out of the body on its own due to the tight fit. However, if desired by the purchaser I can epoxy the heatsink to the body with acrtic alumina prior to shipping to absolutely ensure it will stay put.

Thanks for looking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

***edit***
Pics added:
(click for fullsize)

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Re: FS: Two TX1J 3D Mag Direct Drive Lux III mods

Support your local CPF neighborhood modder folks! I can't afford to further explore without a few sales here and there. Thanks!

Bump!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
GONE!!!: Two TX1J 3D Mag Direct Drive Lux III mods

Update:

Red one sold to noxiuosbt and blue one traded to ABTOMAT for a pair of Orvis breathable waders. Thanks guys!!!