here's what I really want.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
here\'s what I really want.

OK, does this exist, and if so where.
I want a Luxeon light and would prefer one driven in 9v or a 6v capable of being driven by PILA 3.7v batteries. The body of the light needs to be 1" diameter and I want to mount a remote chord tape switch to it.

I was thinking the Pelican M6 LED or one of the Nuwaii lights. It will be used a weapon light on a new shotgun I have on the way.

I think the Tacstar tail switch (cable) will fit a light like the G2 (saw one at a gunshow) so maybe it will fit the PM6.

any ideas ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: here\'s what I really want.

If you own Surefire lights, have a look at these threads:

Turbohead Luxeons

C/P series Luxeon modules

Bit pricier than the PM6 or Nuwai, but at least you know the SF hosts are built to take the punishment of living attatched to a weapon.
The also conveniently have 1" bodies and have tapeswitches available for them.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

There are third party tape switches that fit the SF "classic" battery tubes as well as the Pelican M6 which both enjoy the same thread configuration. SF has some real nice tape switches in the works; don't know their availability status.

The Pelican M6 LED with tape switch would be at the lower end of the price range and you could go into the SF line with a KL5 hosted on one of the 1" OD SF tubes or go custom with some other compatible head.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Turbohead Luxeon modules are made by CPF'er katokichi . Be prepared to wait, as he is in Japan.

The C/P dropin module is available at dat2zips' sandwiche shoppe , but i dont think the reflector shown in that thread is available yet. Hopefully soon.