I just got back from the beach... M3

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I took my surge and M3 to Myrtle Beach for the 4th of July week. I stayed on the 17th floor and at night we could see everyone walking onthe beach with their flashlights. Just for kicks I turned on the surge which I really love and it lit up the beach brighter then the lights the people were using. Then I turned on the M3 with the HOLA and WOW. This thing was like a flood light. It lit up the beach way better than the surge and the area that the light covered was unbelivable. People were trying to shine their lights up at me and I just shined the M3 back at them. The security guard at the condo even told me that I needed to stop using the light from the balconly or he would kick us out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well I just wanted to share this.

Thanks

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just ended up taking my TL-2 LED, my Micro Illuminator, my UK 4aaLed, and my Rayovac Value bright w/ sputtered reflector and Everled when i went a couple weeks ago. going again to North Myrtle at the end of August and may end up taking the whole "arsenal" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M3 definitely rocks! I love my M3 too. I guess I like the reasonable throw with nice flood. For close range uses I don't really need to swing the light everywhere to see everything.

nobody

Newly Enlightened
The other night I woke up at 3 am to the sound of an owl hooting every couple of minutes. The owl was answering the neighbor's bullfrog, who lives in a fishpond out back. Just for the hell of it, I got out the M3/HOLA and located the owl at the top of a tree next door, about 60 yards away. It lit him up to the extent that I determined with binocs that it was a great horned owl, approx. 20" tall, a very large bird for an urban area. I haven't heard a sound from the bullfrog since that night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm..... I think the owl must be stumbling around somewhere dazed by the power of the M3, put it this way - owls have far more sensitive night vision in the dark than humans, you just pinged it with 225 lumens and it went /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif