New Pelican MityLite 3N LED flashlight

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Industrial News Room

UNTITLED2.jpg

"MityLite 3N emits beam of focused, white light for more than 150 hr. It features streamlined design for comfortable use and rear tail-cap switch that offers momentary-action feature in addition to standard on/off function. Flashlight, with unbreakable Xenoy Polymer Resin construction, is heat, cold, and chemical resistant and has UL and CE approvals for hazardous environments."

capnal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MGLloyd said:
When the specifications are available, it will be interesting to compare the Pelican 3N to the Streamlight ProPolymer 3N.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to say that. I have the Pelican mitylite xenon, which is 2 AAA, and I have the Streamlight 3N LED propolymer. Both of which are great little pocket lights.

I am a big fan of Pelican products and I am looking foward to getting my hands on one of these! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
Capnal,
I have to agree...My EDC consists of an E2e and a Pelican Mitylite 2AAA with the Green / blue lens. I definately think that the Pelican is underrated! I guess that it gets passed over because it's not an incredibly bright light....brighter isn't always better!
Can't wait to see the reviews on this one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

MGLloyd

Newly Enlightened
How very interesting that the USA Pelican website has no information on many of the lights mentioned by the Australian Pelican website. But the 3N does sound interesting, and I wonder what the LED configuration is. With that sort of run time, I would imagine it would be a small number of 5 mm LEDs. So much for my dream of a 1 W Luxeon in that size package!

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
I have 12 on order with the factory right now because the mailer I received states that it is a Luxeon LED.

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
I just placed an order for one. Based on the reviews for the 2AA led model, the clickie is really great. If this model uses the same clickie(which I don't see why they would not)if the power and run time are even close to what is advertised, it will immediately replace my 2AAA model as part of my EDC.

MGLloyd

Newly Enlightened
Noting the above postings regarding ordering the new 3N, does anyone know of any USA vendors now stocking and selling the light? I looked at the websites of all the usual suspects and could not find any listings.

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone confirm or deny the use of a Luxeon Led? Have any of our excellent reviewers had a chance to check this one out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
I hate to burst ya'lls bubble, but that's not a Luxeon. It's the same tested brightness as the L1 which is a standard 5MM LED with a reflector. Probably the exact same LED assembly. Sorry folks.

MGLloyd

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any promotional material on the new Pelican 3N that gives dimensions and weight? I would be curious to know if it is approximately the same size and weight at the MityLite 2AAA. My Streamlight 3N is a little longer and larger in diameter than my MityLite 2AAA.

MGLloyd

Newly Enlightened
I just heard back from MEI research, DBA worklights.com. Although the website shows they have the Pelican 3N in stock; they do not. They have not yet received any from Pelican.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just now found out I ordered the wrong flashlight...I ordered the Streamlight three-N flashlight instead of the Pelican MityLite three-N flashlight...ooops!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
So are ya gonna order the Pelican now and review it? Huh? Are ya? huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif