1 watt lantern/area light!!!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
Wow, that does look cool. Anyone have one? Price seems pretty reasonable, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i might be ordering one soon.

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
I was just going to order it because of a family camping trip this weekend and have it overnighted but I hit a road block called $26.99 overnight shipping. I am going to search it elsewhere and hopefully not bight the bullet.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
spinkid said:
I was just going to order it because of a family camping trip this weekend and have it overnighted but I hit a road block called $26.99 overnight shipping. I am going to search it elsewhere and hopefully not bight the bullet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet they could have it to you in time via normal shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

i don't ever remember their shipping taking too long. call em and explain your situation.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I just ordered one, for CPF sakes, of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

All hail The LED Museum and his interest in science!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
4x4Dragon Thanks!!! I just called them and they will have it here Thursday. I leave during the night for the kids sake, so UPS has plenty of time to arrive that day. I will report back next week with the results providing it really comes on Thurs.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I just ordered one, for CPF sakes, of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that's two i've made you order within the past month! sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

maybe a grudge match between this one and the sportsmansguide 12 led lantern???

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Technically, you didn't make me order them; I did it primarily for CPF sakes, and to give people (mainly CPFers) a look into the lanterns via my website that they might not otherwise see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
to give people (mainly CPFers) a look into the lanterns via my website that they might not otherwise see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'll be looking into these when you are done... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
4x4Dragon said:
Well I'll be! is this the first manufactured luxeon lamp/area light?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=145895

and it's an aluminum body. that reflector looks pretty decent, almost IMS-like in quality???

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone wants one, I would suggest that you act quickly. My experience with Sportsmans Guide is that they do not carry any particular flashlight for very long. I would also suggest that you brace yourself for an onslaught of cattalogs. (Which is THE reason that I do not like to buy from the guide.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I ordered both Sportsman's Guide lanterns off the internet, and they have not beseiged me with catalogues.
Not yet, anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My intercom went off about half an hour ago (probably the mailman, mailwoman, or UPS), but he or she was already gone by the time I got to the little Airphone thing in the hall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
Might have been it; might have been something else.
Guess I really won't know until at least Monday.

I expect to check my mail around 4:00pm PDT; if the deliverer left a "sorry we missed you" sheet, I should be able to determine at least where it was sent from via the originating zip code, if they wrote it on there.

Alledges

Newly Enlightened
Not to hijack the thread, but I put an 1w side-emitter EverLED into a Dorcy flashlight/lantern (positive tip polarity) for same functionality. Difference is the Dorcy's a larger 4 D cell affair more suited toward lantern. Run time probably 50+ hours? Sliding switch off to spot to area light. Spot can be intensely focused by large reflector. Handle locks at 90 degree increments for hanging light where you want it- up, left, down, right. Second metal bracket with handle allows lantern on flat surface with same 360 degree rotation. Not weather resistant though.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Alledges said:
Not to hijack the thread, but I put an 1w side-emitter EverLED into a Dorcy flashlight/lantern (positive tip polarity) for same functionality. Difference is the Dorcy's a larger 4 D cell affair more suited toward lantern. Run time probably 50+ hours? Sliding switch off to spot to area light. Spot can be intensely focused by large reflector. Handle locks at 90 degree increments for hanging light where you want it- up, left, down, right. Second metal bracket with handle allows lantern on flat surface with same 360 degree rotation. Not weather resistant though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i've put mine in the 4aa version of that light

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, I checked my mail around 4:28pm PDT, and there was no "Sorry we missed you" sheet on the door, near my mail receptacle, or inside my mail receptacle. But there were a load of thick envelopes inside. One contained the new Skylight from Avexa AG, another contained two blinking LED candy suckers from a CPF B/S/T thread, another contained a Handy Fan with LEDs in the rotor, another contained two sets of zinc-air cells for my FireBug - er - Firefli, and another contained a Metallica CD.
But no, no lantern today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Latest posts