Newbie's First LED (Xray)!

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Newbie\'s First LED (Xray)!

Hello Everyone,
Thanks to all the Posters for the ton of info.

First I prefer headlamps and AA batteries. I get slightly used AA batteries for free.

While hooking up home theater/audio equipment or night hiking/geocaching, flashlights just aren't worth giving up one hand for.

I am _very_ fond of my Peztl Duo and would like too hear of any cheap mods, like a LED instead of a low/high power bulb?
Anything better in AA headlamps that doesn't cost a fortune?

A Mag solitaire is just too weak for night hiking or even backup...almost walked into a skunk. A Mini-mag 2AA is just a bit too bright for the trails.

On advice from this group I purchased both an ERGO Xray and a Photon 2 (turquoise) for backup and "research". Got them today from Hosfelt (recommended).

Whoopee, what great toys! err... I mean, what useful and efficient designs
smile.gif

The Ergo Xray _must_ become handsfree...somehow!

So....
took a cell phone leather case, the kind with elastic sides, plastic face and metal clip (Nokia 6162). Cut off extra "stuff" on top and bottom of the case making it about same length as the light. Shoved the Ergo inside for a tight fit, and then used the clip to attach to the visor on a baseball cap.
So far, it works great! Ergo buttons covered by plastic keypad cover.
A little front heavy. Maybe a small spacer could be used to aim the LEDs downward a bit.

Anyone else come up with a better plan for a HF Ergo?
Heard about using Velcro, but too many past Velcro failures.
IMO somebody really needs to make a ratcheting/adjustable clip, like a cell phone holster.
How about a case that would adapt to the cheap replacement headlamp bands?
-----
Thanks,
David

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Newbie\'s First LED (Xray)!

Hello, David...Welcome! I'm going to move this to LED, and the tinker'ers over there will offer some ideas...

--dan