5W kit for 2D

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was checking out the LED Lenser line of lights and came across this product at the same site. A 5W kit for a mag 2D.
click

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
For that price i think you might as well buy a Streamlight TL-3 or a similar 3x123 5W LED Flashlight. (You will miss the focusing aspect though)

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or the Surefire L5...spend 80 or so more dollars and you got a similar product that is regulated and runs on 2x123 (and much better quality).

woodytom

Newly Enlightened
Started reading this thread and thought great I`ve a 3D maglite begging to be modded and fancied one of the 3 watt mods. Regrettably they want £26 uk/$40ish for postage for something that shouldn`t cost $10 to post. Sigh
Ian

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L3 diamond module is very poorly designed from a thermal management standpoint - according to Craig's measurements, the module reaches about 100C after 20 minutes - the junction temperature is at LEAST 40C higher than that - so after 20 minutes the junction temperature has exceeded maximum specifications - meaning light output will diminish, and LED life will be drastically reduced.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who wants a 5 watt that big????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Nuwai has plenty of models with 3 123's real small ( I reviewd several). If it really worked off 2 D cells it would be cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Nuwai lights are also way cheaper than $100. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 watt? 100,000 hours? Lets see!!!
Turn your 5 watt on for a year (8000 hours) and tell me if it still lights. I have a voltage indicator panel thats been on for 13 years with the small old 3 mm LED's and not one has burned out- plugged in and on for 13 YEARS!

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

03lab

Enlightened
IMHO, that would only be interesting if it actually ran of the two D-cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif