Greatlite aluminum flashlights?

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this 3D aluminum flashlight the other day and was wondering if anyone else had come across it before.

Is it in any way comparable to a 3D maglite? Does it have mod potential? Will maglite specific heatsinks fit in it?

Thanks for your contributions.

Here is a better site to get a good look.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. Not really. Yes if you are determined. Possibly. That is it for the smart aleck answers.

I bought one to mod and then thought better of it.

It is on the lightweight side compared to a Mag. It is a little rough around the edges. Down side is the lens is glued in as is the reflector. The switch/lamp module would require major hacking to mount a heatsink.

I have seen this same light in a plain box at some gun shops ranging in price from $10 to $25 without batteries! I got one for $3 at the dollar store (less batteries)

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Pellidon for your input. I guess it is not all that great then. I would have bought it to remove the reflector to do some 5mm moding. Thanks for saving me the money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Like very nearly every 3D light I own, my Greatlite 3D (got at a welding supply house) has 4C and Writeright.

If I recall correctly, it has a "reverse" switch on/momentary/off but it's at home and I'm not.

As I recall, it is decently bright and decent of beam with 4C and Writeright.

As to modding it... I wouldn't have the foggiest notion!