Color Flow Light Show Nightlight

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Color Flow Light Show Nightlight from Sharper Image

UNTITLED3.jpg

"Enjoy an enchanting night-light with an ever-changing spectrum of color.

- Experience an ever-changing spectrum of color from blue, red and green LEDs.
- Blending technology slowly melts and mixes colors together.
- Press the Color Lock button to freeze Color Flow(R) at a desired color."

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, if my local Sharper Image has them, and I have enough cash, I'll buy one this afternoon and let everybody at CPF know what I think about it. Fair enough? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The description sounds like one of the Color Kinetics "Sauce" plug-in products.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, once I put it on my website (assuming the S.I. store local to me has it), it won't be long before the fireworks fly - if CK has no affiliation with the product, that is.

JJHitt

Enlightened
Unless there is some new "twist" to this particular light, it looks like something that Sharper Image has been carrying for years (at least three or four). It possibly pre-dates the CK lights or (more likely) is an early CK product from before CK went to selling the "Sauce" line.

Myself... I've had very bad luck with the "Sauce" plug in lights (the Orb, the WallWasher and the LightWasher). Electrical power at my place is just too "dirty". I've sent lights in to get warrenty replacements, only to have the replacements die in less time than the originals.

I love the concept, but microprocessor controlled night lights are still on the wrong side of the benefit/cost ratio.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ok, they had the product, so I purchased one. Cost $21.71 with tax. O, the things I do for CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The provided description is accurate. It slowly changes color by supplying varying currents to red, green, and blue LEDs under the dome, and the user can press a bar on the top of the unit to freeze the color where it's at when the bar is pressed. Pressing the bar again resumes the color cycling behaviour.

I'll start a web page on it later today (probably just after 5:00pm PDT) and post the URL here when it's published.