Newbie - LED's Great Stuff - What's Next

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
Newbie - LED\'s Great Stuff - What\'s Next

Flashlights and more flashlights. This forum can drive one nuts ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif LED's are great ! My primary flashlight have been the 3 D cell Mag - Lite and the mini Mag. My first LED light was a flashing red LED that snapped onto a 9 volt battery. I would use this as a night time marker. It was also great to summon a bar tender at the local Bar & Grill. Then I found the Krill light, a great marker with long battery life. Then I discovered the NightStar shake light, cool, but not a lot of light, however a great emergency light that didn't need batteries. One night while surfing the net I discovered the Brunton LED LampLight. After playing with the with this light for several months my interest in LED flashlights peak. I just acquired a Streamlight Task Light LED Luxeon. Now this is a great little flashlight ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif A fine peace of machined aluminum, that feels great in the hand. It runs on 3 AA batteries which are easy to get. It throws a great beam and it runs longer than most. Holy Ape #@*% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, what a great light. I also have acquired a iSun Solar cell and the iSun BattPak that can charge up to 10 AA or AAA NiMH batteries. I feel ready for the next biggggg black out.
Streanlight advised me that NiMH batteries would void the warranty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif, however, they seem to work well and I have not noticed any problems after hours of use. The current draw is a little less than alkalines and a little less voltage. This Luxeon LED is a great thing.

Whats next ???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Maybe I'll start a collection ?

Keep writing guys - this is a great forum.

Tom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Re: Newbie - LED\'s Great Stuff - What\'s Next

welcome.gif

Have fun on CPF, and watch your wallet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Craig720

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
...watch your wallet!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not kidding, either. I'm past any real need. I'm into the truly monetarily dangerous area of WANT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened

Yup !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif