What is Arc4 "Sold AS-IS" condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
What is Arc4 \"Sold AS-IS\" condition?

---------------------------------------------------------
they did not make the full brightness, drew too much power at max brightness, flicker at level 1, have switches that don't always work smoothly or have cosmetic blemishes. All do light up, switch levels, etc. Sold "AS-IS"
----------------------------------------------
I don't understand by what is stated under the Arc4 second sales statement (above)

Does it means that
1) a faulty Arc4 that is return back to the factory is being sold again as fatory second without any repairs?
OR
2) a faulty Arc4 return back to Factory has been repair and is selling as a factory second.

Can any guys please advice me?

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What is Arc4 \"Sold AS-IS\" condition?

Neither 1 nor 2 I think.

AS-IS means no warranty on the light beyond the
14 day return option.

The lights are new but didn't meet quality standards
and were deemed not worth repairing, so they
are sold as seconds.

Greg

Morganch_oh

Enlightened

When you say that they did not meet quality standards, just how bad or good are the factory seconds.

cos I felt that its a bit risky buying a light which I do not know where or what faults it has.

[ QUOTE ]
greg_in_canada said:
The lights are new but didn't meet quality standards
and were deemed not worth repairing, so they
are sold as seconds.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

You have 15 days to check it for yourself. That's better than "AS-IS" since you have over two weeks to find out first if there's anything wrong that You personally do not like about it. Just return it for a full refund!

Morganch_oh

Enlightened

But it takes 10+days for it to Fly to Singapore, and another 10+ days back to US.

so it will be at least close to a mth and the 15 days warranty is over.,

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
You have 15 days to check it for yourself. That's better than "AS-IS" since you have over two weeks to find out first if there's anything wrong that You personally do not like about it. Just return it for a full refund!

[/ QUOTE ]

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

I think you can tell them what your situation is and they will make adjustments for you. Also I just shipped several things to Singapore and received some items from there as well, and my sent/received dates were much less than 10 days.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can understand your concern. The best advice I can give other than what has already been given (15 day trial) is to buy a factory first with full warranty. You get what you pay for. There is a reason these are not being sold for full price. So it really depends on your personal standards.

Having said all that, many have bought 2nds and love them.

Morganch_oh

Enlightened

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

You guys are great... and very helpful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

So the final conclusion is not to worry and go ahead and buy a Factory second instead of a new one.

impact_blue

Newly Enlightened

Thats what I did - being in Australia I'm assuming that the 15 days is from POD receipt (signed Proof of Delivery) to the 15th acual day - decide in that time and get it back to the Arc team for a refund.

A little off opic but relavent for international customers - I'm really impressed with FedEx!

I chatted with Peter online 10am Monday morning Arizona time (well 2am Tuesday Sydney time), and placed my order shortly after. FedEx shipped it out of there Tempe AZ depot at 7.29pm local time 12th July - it went through both Oakland and LA from 1.33am 13th July and left the mainland USA to arrive in Hawaii at 7.30am (local??) (I guess it wanted to say hi to Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) Where it left at 10am.

It arrived locally into Alexandria depot local time of 11.19pm 14/07 and cleared to despatch for delivery . So I guess I'll be seeing this package tomorrow (well today, its currently 1.20am 15/07/04). Less than 3 full days!!!!!!!!!

I watched Cast Away with my g/f the other night.. freaked me out!!!!

I'll play with the Arc4+ second, and if it doesn't meet my expectations then I'll send it on back to Peter at Arc.... I pay shipping of course...

My little story... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers,
Nathan.

Morganch_oh

Enlightened

May I know how much did the FedEx delivery cost?

[ QUOTE ]
impact_blue said:
Thats what I did - being in Australia I'm assuming that the 15 days is from POD receipt (signed Proof of Delivery) to the 15th acual day - decide in that time and get it back to the Arc team for a refund.

A little off opic but relavent for international customers - I'm really impressed with FedEx!

I chatted with Peter online 10am Monday morning Arizona time (well 2am Tuesday Sydney time), and placed my order shortly after. FedEx shipped it out of there Tempe AZ depot at 7.29pm local time 12th July - it went through both Oakland and LA from 1.33am 13th July and left the mainland USA to arrive in Hawaii at 7.30am (local??) (I guess it wanted to say hi to Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) Where it left at 10am.

It arrived locally into Alexandria depot local time of 11.19pm 14/07 and cleared to despatch for delivery . So I guess I'll be seeing this package tomorrow (well today, its currently 1.20am 15/07/04). Less than 3 full days!!!!!!!!!

I watched Cast Away with my g/f the other night.. freaked me out!!!!

I'll play with the Arc4+ second, and if it doesn't meet my expectations then I'll send it on back to Peter at Arc.... I pay shipping of course...

My little story... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers,
Nathan.

[/ QUOTE ]

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Morganch_oh said:
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

You guys are great... and very helpful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

So the final conclusion is not to worry and go ahead and buy a Factory second instead of a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that your conclusion or what you think our conclusion
is?

I think our conclusion was that the light will have
some sort of problem, but you have 15 days to decide
whether you can live with it or not.

There is also the risk that the LED or electronics will
fail in a few months or years (unrelated to the flaw
that made it a "seconds"). Then you may wish you had
bought a "firsts" light with a warranty instead.

Greg

Morganch_oh

Enlightened

Now I'm not sure again, cos I visit Arc website and found out that the Arc 4+ has a life time warranty.

So it maybe better to pay 2x more for a life time warranty.

I will think it over the weekend and decide it
Thanks
[ QUOTE ]
greg_in_canada said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that your conclusion or what you think our conclusion
is?

I think our conclusion was that the light will have
some sort of problem, but you have 15 days to decide
whether you can live with it or not.

There is also the risk that the LED or electronics will
fail in a few months or years (unrelated to the flaw
that made it a "seconds"). Then you may wish you had
bought a "firsts" light with a warranty instead.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

impact_blue

Newly Enlightened

FedEx costed me $12 - pretty good!

Yes it is true that this may fail after the 15 days but as it says, it is a factory second and it is $80 - your call buddy.

Maybe I'll be happy enough with the 2nd or, maybe it'll be crapola but I'll really like the fit and finish and want to get a first light - however this is something I'll find out...

Cheers,
Nathan.

Status
Not open for further replies.