Can you put these lights in order of throw please?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am wondering how the following lights compare in regard to throw. I would appreciate it if somebody could put the lights in order, from most throw, to least throw. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Inova T4
Inova T3
Inova XO
PR-T 3W T-bin @750mA
PR 3W T-bin @750mA
SNII
3W T-bin @750mA with 2027XA

P.S. The way I arranged the lights in my post has no significance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
The SNII might be the best thrower,,, a 3W mag mod is the BEST thrower.
I am not firmilar with the 2027XA reflector, its probably very nice also.

A PR-T head, and PR head, both have the exact same reflector, so, the beam is the same.
I love the PR-T heads..

dont know about the T4, T3 or XO

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Oh! I thought he wanted to know how far they could be thrown! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Betcha 20 yards at least if ya have a good arm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Can you put these lights in order of throw ple

Ticey how can you say that the 3W mag mod is the "BEST" thrower, when you have no idea about some of the others?

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

The best thrower I ever owened years ago (It broke- the switch died) was a 4D Mag. It never failed by gravity, it was tough and well built, but I chucked (Tossed) that thing at a bear in the Wisconsin woods and scared it off thank god. Thing still worked fine for years after that. I still got a good 3C MAG, its not to bright like my good lights but I bet I could chuck it 20 yards at a bear too. Betcha it would still give out at least 5 candlepower afterwards too, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Is that what we mean by good throw? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

Illuminator,,, Are you questioning my expertessssssse ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gifo: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cuz I dont know about them personally.
But know what their beams are like.

A 3W mag mod, pushing about an amp, is a throwing monster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I may be wrong,,, but I think the 3W mag would be on top.

dda

Newly Enlightened
You guys are making a mockery out of the question. I believe with a good windup, any of them can be thrown more than 20 yards.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, seriously that bear ran away and my life was saved by a MAG light. The big ones got more impact but won't fit in your pocket like the small SureFire's or Nuwai's.

Like I said. seriously, if it ran on 2 D cells it would be REAL COOL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ticey,

No, no offense or anything buddy. I was wondering if you just think that the Mag is probably the best thrower, or if that's a general consesus.

Your expertise is better than mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you are talking about lighting distance for an LED, those inova lights are like floods like some of the TTL Stream lights. Their beams may hit 20 yards. You nead a good FOCUSED 5 watt Luxeon SF L6 to get to 40 yards or so. I would not throw (Toss) an L6 though as they are not real heavy, cost a lot of $$. But they are rugged and the 65 Lumens they claim (Which iI think is more than that) would still come out after the mud was washed off. The Inova's are tough too and most likely would still shine if tossed and cleaned. They are well built sturdy devices. I don't think the Inova shines 20 yards very bright though like the L6.

Just thinking of physics, the heavier the light, the better the throw will be. But the one with the better focus will shine further if it has more lumens.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

The length of my backyard is 65 feet and I could easily throw an Inova X1 that far. I could probably get a couple more feet of throw if it had the 1AA battery in it.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

Like you say , Haveblue, throw may be better than 20 yards (60 feet) but will it SHINE that far?

Lara

Newly Enlightened

Did I miss something? Is the T3 actually available?

L

LITEmania

DarkZero will be posting a most exciting review of 42mm Mirror Lens.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Generally, bigger reflector = better throw. Unless its been spcifically designed for flood, like the sand blasted PRs.

haveblue, nothing "throws" better than those bowling pin lights of yours. Perfectly rounded head is like having a little rock in your hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

ErickThakrar

Enlightened

Nikola, how do you know the T-series lights from Inova will be floods? All indications I've seen sofar tell me that they will have the same optics setup as the XO, which from what I've seen has alot of throw. Less of a floodlight than most of the Surefire's.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

T series Inova vs L6 SF should be interesting test. Has anyone done this yet? Any sites/threads with beam shots of both? I have the Surefire stuff up but have not spotted the Inova T yet. Anybody Know?

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

As far as I know the Inova T3 and T4 are not available yet, but if they use an optic similar to the X1 it should be very interesting.

Edit: Of the lights that are available in your list I think the SNII would be the winner. It is an impressive bugger.